Honored Contributor

I'm all for variety.  I used to have a boyfriend who used to tell me 'variety is the spice of life'.  Hummm??? Ha!

Anyway, last night, watching QVC it was nice to see a wide variety of shoe brands offered.

However, I cannot understand why QVC put in expensive brands (if I mention I guess I'll get zapped) that look to me like a copy of Birkenstock shoes (down to the inner-sole).

The shoes were as much as $200!  It is nice QVC is branching out, however; come on QVC why won't you show us Birki lovers just a few of the Birkenstock genuine shoes?

You can do it!  I know you can.

@birk fan @BirkiLady and so on, I guess we're out of luck here on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Because Birkenstock doesn’t want their shoes sold on QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

Birkenstocks are available at HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @scatcat @Zhills  Unfortunately, Birkenstock severed ties with QVC. Birkenstock only sells Narrow sizes on HSN. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm SOL with narrows. I check frequently with shoes dot com (good prices) or my local retailer (expensive and taxes added). Then, most of the attractive styles are soft footbeds. I'm old school and prefer the original footbeds! Oh, Dear. Seems we've been caught between a rock and a hard spot. <sigh> HAPPY MAY DAY!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Expensive Shoes!

[ Edited ]

Sorry for your dilema.  I have found several items where I preferred the 'older' style or model.  Hate it when a favorite is discontinued.  Hope you find your shoes.  HAPPY MAY DAY!

Honored Contributor

I totally agree.  They are Birkenstock style shoes for $175-$200.  I love variety of shoes but these are way to expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,Hello Luv!   You can post a name, just not a link or coupon for any other site.

Hope your day was beautiful!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

I haven't checked this year but in the past they weren't the same Birkenstock shoes the Birkenstock company sells.

How would I know that?  Because in the past I've actually bought a few pair of them (from HSN) and they don't look the same and they don't fit the same.

There's something about the company at one time splitting.  I used to know about it but don't remember anymore.  They aren't as good as the REAL Birkenstock.  I know because I own many, many pairs of the real Birkenstock shoes.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Hello Lovely!  I sent you an email.  LOVE YOU!!!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I miss the original birks too. I just threw away my very first birkenstocks from the early 1990's..the classic brown Arizona. They were worn out and actually had some of the leather partially eaten by one of our dogs. I felt like I had lost a friend, one that met me at the door and offerred to cradle my poor high heel tortured feet. I still have several pairs left so I am still happy. I have no problem paying for the real birks.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.