Valued Contributor

Happy Holidays,

I am wondering if there are any others who have ordered from Dooney.com and have waited over two months for a specific color of a handbag to become available. It's starting to feel a little strange.

Contributor

I just got off the the phone with D&B after holding for 50 minutes. This was my third call. I ordered a handbag with a 20% off coup. on 11/24 that was on back-order. After not hearing anything from them, I called on 12/12 to get an update. Took 15 minutes to speak to someone who told me that the handbag was to be shipped at the end of January. On 12/18, I received an email asking me to "review my purchase", so I checked my bank account and was happy to see that I had a pending charge for the bag. I called CS again (waiting 25 minutes this time) and the rep I finally spoke to who seemed she could care less said my bag was still on back-order and she did not know why the charge was showing on my bank account. I told her I would wait a few days to see if the pending charge was reversed. Well, this morning, it was not and my bank account was "holding" close to $600 for something that I was not to receive until the end of January.

I finally spoke to a CS rep who was a helpful. She took my phone number and said she was giving it to a supervisor who will call me back today. I am not sure what is going on...growing too fast, not anticipating the request for inventory, etc. However, poor service, no matter what the reason is a bad reflection on any brand.

Honored Contributor

Their CS is very, VERY uneven... One of several reasons I won't be dealing with them further... I've ordered a few times directly from them and had seamless experiences, but have also had a couple of real hassles, and then IF and WHEN you get someone on the line, they might or, more likely, might not... have a clue what to do, if they even choose to want to bother to try... I've also found ILD to be somewhat of a minefield... Frankly, it sort of says something about the company from the top down... I'll be sticking with other brands.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I have ordered three bags from them in the last six months. I've received all of them within ten days of ordering.

Once I put the order in and it shipped, the money was deducted from my account. No problem.

Why would you order a purse which is on backorder for two months or more? I found a bag I wanted, however, on the Dooney site, it was written it was on backorder and WOULD NOT be shipped for another 2-3 months, way in to 2015. I knew this in advance. I didn't order it.

No purse is worth the frustration or pending hold on your account.

One should call or go to your bank and put a stop order....

Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Germangal said:

I have ordered three bags from them in the last six months. I've received all of them within ten days of ordering.

Once I put the order in and it shipped, the money was deducted from my account. No problem.

Why would you order a purse which is on backorder for two months or more? I found a bag I wanted, however, on the Dooney site, it was written it was on backorder and WOULD NOT be shipped for another 2-3 months, way in to 2015. I knew this in advance. I didn't order it.

I have ordered handbags from D&B in the past as well. As far as why I ordered this handbag, I wanted it! It is more expensive than most D&B bags and they were running a 30% discount offer. I did not find out it was on back-order for the end of January until I called to follow-up. I really didn't care that I had to wait 2 months... that does not frustrate me. But what I did not expect is that they would try to tag my bank account prior to shipping the bag to me. Usually, one is not charged until the item is ready to ship.

Valued Contributor

Had a similar thing happen to me with Dooney's CS several years ago thus my reason for going elsewhere for my handbag needs.

The gal I spoke with had the same "I really don't care" attitude. Once my concern was presented to her and I said that unless I could get some satisfaction I would have to move on and look for another handbag vendor, her answer was simply "o.k."

So that is exactly what I did and it was a good decision on my part. The Brahmin Company is terrific to work with and their product is fabulous! I have purchased six bags in the last two years and I am not looking back.

Contributor
On 12/20/2014 motherinlaw said:

Had a similar thing happen to me with Dooney's CS several years ago thus my reason for going elsewhere for my handbag needs.

The gal I spoke with had the same "I really don't care" attitude. Once my concern was presented to her and I said that unless I could get some satisfaction I would have to move on and look for another handbag vendor, her answer was simply "o.k."

So that is exactly what I did and it was a good decision on my part. The Brahmin Company is terrific to work with and their product is fabulous! I have purchased six bags in the last two years and I am not looking back.

Thanks for the post. Actually, I saw a Brahmin that I liked, so if this is not resolved today, I will take your advice!

Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Jabberjaw said:
On 12/20/2014 Germangal said:

I have ordered handbags from D&B in the past as well. As far as why I ordered this handbag, I wanted it! It is more expensive than most D&B bags and they were running a 30% discount offer. I did not find out it was on back-order for the end of January until I called to follow-up. I really didn't care that I had to wait 2 months... that does not frustrate me. But what I did not expect is that they would try to tag my bank account prior to shipping the bag to me. Usually, one is not charged until the item is ready to ship.

Makes perfect sense to me and no, they shouldn't have charged you until the item was in stock and ready to ship...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...