Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 15th

On 11/2/2014 MsTrixi said:

stevieb, is that the Dooney domed buckle that was a TSV? I was so close to getting it, but read reviews saying it was warped when zipped and that the buckles got caught on clothes. But I have ALWAYS regretted not getting it because it is so lovely (especially in the green). Too afraid to order now because I like my Dooney's new and wrapped well.

I am thinking about getting the grey or taupe in the November TSV. I want to order early so I don't get a return. I have two new GILI bags, and I love them but they are more fashion than function. I need an easy access bag that will go with everything, and that I can schlep around. I LOVE the opening on the Nov. Dooney TSV (so much easier than the GILI bags).

Yes, that's the bag and I have several, all ordered from 'as-is' The buckles have never gotten caught on anything and while I 'get' the concerns about the appearance of some of the zippers, it's not a big deal, to me anyway. Had ordered another from as-is, but it had to go back as one of the feet was missing and that was a big deal! Love the bag, but I didn't order when it was the TSV either and now want to avoid paying full price, though am being sorely tempted now that it's offered in Bordeaux... As for the TSV, yes, I too am torn between the grey and the taupe, with the grey ahead by just a bit... I like a zip closure, but one I can actually use for the most part with one hand! Still, I like the closure on this Dooney enough that it isn't going to be a deal breaker for me that it doesn't zip. Hey, at least I can use it without significant frustration, which isn't the case with that other recent TSV...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 11/2/2014 MsTrixi said:

stevieb, is that the Dooney domed buckle that was a TSV? I was so close to getting it, but read reviews saying it was warped when zipped and that the buckles got caught on clothes. But I have ALWAYS regretted not getting it because it is so lovely (especially in the green). Too afraid to order now because I like my Dooney's new and wrapped well.

I am thinking about getting the grey or taupe in the November TSV. I want to order early so I don't get a return. I have two new GILI bags, and I love them but they are more fashion than function. I need an easy access bag that will go with everything, and that I can schlep around. I LOVE the opening on the Nov. Dooney TSV (so much easier than the GILI bags).

The domed satchel comes in multiple colors now and before it was just three, so it looks like they got a brand new inventory! So, you might give it a try Smiley Happy I like that bag too, but not willing to spend $308 on a bag which seems to be too small for my needs. I liked the Bristol Satchel as well but after seeing it in person at Macy's I decided it's not very functional for me. I already have a few smaller bags for "special" occasions when I don't have to carry much so cannot justify spending so much money on a smaller bag. But spending $$$ on 3 GILI hobos is another story... lol. Still waiting for the black one. Will report when I get it. Sending the brown snake for replacement due to the hardware, and carrying my croco to work tomorrow for the first time! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Actually TK, when they first introduced the domed buckle it came in an array of colors. Since then, they seemed to stock it less often in all of them and more recently have introduced a few new ones. originally, it came in brown, black, caramel, red, blue, green and palomino (gold). Then, for a while, they added aqua and ivory to the mix. And while I like some of the new colors, which include 'smoke', dark grey, strawberry, navy and Bordeaux, I really wish they'd bring back palomino, and also wonder if they really needed both 'smoke' and dark grey... It seems a lighter grey and a red might have been nice too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...