Esteemed Contributor

Re: DR. SCHOLLS

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

I believe OP is talking about Dr. Scholl’s shoes, not the inserts. 

Oops.gif

@Mz iMac Love your little “oops” emoji

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

they also make shoes and sneakers

Valued Contributor

I absolutely LOVE my Dr. Scholls!! I have bought a couple of pairs from Zappos when on sale. Also at DSW. As my feet get older (not me haha) I have to have comfortable shoes. These are it! Also love KEEN.  I remember buying the little slide sandals at Walgreens probably 35 years ago for about $20 maybe. Loved those too. 

Trusted Contributor

You really can't get an accurate reading wearing socks. Harmful bacteria usually almost always require a moist environment to thrive. Notice that billions of people walk barefooted most of the time will little ill effect.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

My grandfather, a year before he passed away, developed an infection in his toe and the doctor figured it was because he wore the same pair of socks for a week, all day and during bedtime. I didn't know he wasn't getting fresh socks to wear, so from then on I made sure he either wore clean pairs daily, or just went barefoot if he didn't need to leave the house. He had a compromised immune system and he could catch infections just like that. I only wear socks if I wear boots or if it's extremely cold out, otherwise I'm sockless in shoes or barefoot and haven't had any issues. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dr Scholl’s brand is one under the Caleres corporate umbrella. Caleres also owns the Famous Footwear shoe stores too so that is a good place to look for the Dr Scholl's shoes. Also look at Naturalizer outlet stores too.

Other brands owned by Caleres that you see sold on shopping channels include Naturalizer, Ryka, Bzees, Fergie, Sam Edelman, and Vionic.

Caleres acquired Vionic for 360 million dollars last October.