Respected Contributor

Re: Curbside Grocery Pickup Surprise

I left my LV bag on the "seat" of a shopping cart after unloading lots of groceries into my car.  Pushed the cart into the corral and drove off.  Ten minutes later arrived at home, no purse, drove back to store.  They met met at the door and wondered if I would come back for my purse......talk about relieved.  An older gentleman in the parking lot had spotted it and knew that someone would be looking for it......thank the Lord.  No, it wasn't fake.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My friend left her purse in a cart with $2000 cash in it. She was on her way to buy a designer dog that was more of a rescue. The dog was confined to a small pen in a cold room - had never been outside. People needed $ didn't care about the welfare of the dogs. 

- her purse was still there untouched when she later returned to the outside cart corral 

Esteemed Contributor

Back when I felt the need to bring all my worldly belongings with me like this:

images (13).jpeg

I had taken a cab from the Puerto Vallarta airport to our condo. As I was chatting with the staff at the front desk someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was the cab driver holding up one of my tote bags I inadvertently left in his car. It happened to be the tote in which I had $1,500 cash.

Whew! There are many good people in this world.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

42 years ago( I was expecting son #1 at the time), I too left my purse in the baby seat of my shopping cart, in the parking lot at the grocery store. Later, at home, imagine my surprise when while putting my groceries away, the phone rang and it was the store saying a good Samaritan of a gentleman had found it and brought it in to customer service! I didn't  even realize that I had left it! Everything was there. I was also very grateful! Those were lean years for us and back then we dealt mainly in cash.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Since Covid, I always order my groceries for curbside pickup. I usually go into the store a little earlier before pickup for items that I want to choose myself, such as, meat and produce.  On one occasion, I decided to order my produce. When I got home, I was surprised to find that the Iceberg lettuce I ordered turned out to be a Cabbage!!!😅

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Way back when I was in high school I took a typing class. (I'm dating myself!).  I had worn a 14k gold bangle bracelet (it was my one really good piece of jewelry then) and took it off since it was kind of annoying while learning how to type.  I forgot about it.

The next time I went to class (I can't remember if it was the next day or several days later) the bracelet was sitting where I had left it!  I was so grateful and felt very lucky!

Trusted Contributor

About 4 yrs ago we traveled across country by vehicle.  On our way home we spent the night in Barboursville, WV.  The next morning we left there about 7am.  We made a pit stop at a rest stop in Indiana..I went in and when I came out DH had all the stuff he packed out in the parking lot.

He couldn't find his new iPad.  He always puts it on the tonneau cover of the truck. Last thing to pack.  He was bummed thinking he left it there and it slid off as we were driving.

He went to the rest room.  I called the hotel and lo and behold an honest person found it in the parking lot and turned it into the desk.  I gave them our credit card number and they mailed it back to us.  It got to our house the day after we did safe and sound. Three cheers for the honest people of WV..DW

Esteemed Contributor

Turn them in.