Honored Contributor

Re: Crossbody bag for larger women?

I always get an adjustable strap.

Occasional Contributor

I just recently received this bag after having been on wait list. It is Tiganello A225997 all leather crossbody. I ordered in the peony and it is a lovely bag. I am 5"4" and a size 10, but the bag hits me between upper-mid thigh so may work nicely for you and have the drop you are looking for. It is also one of my larger crossbody bags and it is quite roomy and stylish.
Respected Contributor

Look at the Tyler Rodan crossbody bags at Macys. I bought one that has a 24 inch drop.

Honored Contributor

Baggalini Sydney or Big Sydney:

Respected Contributor

24 inches is not long enough for most plus size ladies. The only brand Q sells with adequate strap drop is Travelon but they are not dressy bags. I have several from Brighton with 27" drop and recently purchased one that has 29" strap drop. At Brighton you have to read the specs on the bag to obtain the strap drop. Q seems stuck on 24" which hits right at the bust line and looks bad, in addition wearing over a coat is even worse.
Valued Contributor

I am a larger women and I have found that some of the Vera Bradley cross body bags do the trick.

Contributor

Maybe you could just replace the strap on a bag you already own?

http://www.mautto.com/

Super Contributor

Travelon has the longest cross-body longer-strapped and longer length bags I've seen. They have many sizes/styles/colors to consider.

Honored Contributor

I never thought i'd find a crossbody with straps that were long enough. I think it looks odd when cross bodies sit high. I tried Coach, Brighton, Travelon, Dooney, and every possible brand I could find in the metro. No luck. UNTIL: Brahmin has a great convertible crossbody. The strap is long enough that I actually shortened it a notch. I love this bag!! I bought the green last summer and bought a black one for winter.

http://www.brahmin.com/s?defaultSearchTextValue=Search&searchKeywords=convertible+crossbody&Action=s...