Contributor

I was completely amazed!

A girl came to my neighborhood garage sale with a fake Dooney!

It was a Zebra print "leather" bag with what appeared to be an authentic square name plate on the front.

I said "oh, you have a Dooney" and she said "It isn't real" I couldn't believe it--until I looked closer and the bag was really thrashed, falling apart in places with the surface peeling.

I said "where on earth did you get a fake Dooney?"--She said her friend sells them! AMAZING!

It made me feel really bad because when it was new it may have passed for a real Dooney.

I mean the logo plate on the front was an exact replica. Have any of you run into this?

CCM

New Contributor

Re: Counterfeit Dooneys

[ Edited ]
well, I'm not completely convinced my dooney & bourke is auhentic! The black trim around the leather and bottom of the bag is peeling off and the inside lining isnt coated cotton, it is just red fabric. It is a red snake hobo bag.
Super Contributor

If you ever visit a resort town on the boardwalk or beach - all the little shops sell fake Dooneyhs.

Super Contributor
Canal St in the city is LOADED with fakes, DB, Kate Spade, LV, Hermes, MK, just about anything. Many street sellers have them too.
Honored Contributor

@hottsie wrote:
well, I'm not completely convinced my dooney & bourke is auhentic! The black trim around the leather and bottom of the bag is peeling off and the inside lining isnt coated cotton, it is just red fabric. It is a red snake hobo bag.

Dooney does use red fabric lining in many of their bags. Did your bag come with a registration card? Does the bag have it's individual number sewed inside it and have you registered it? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval