Valued Contributor

I was at a Clarks store this week to try on ankle boots.  When I asked for a wide width the salesman said they are no longer offering widths in all their shoes.  He made it sound like they will someday only offer one width because people's feet are getting wider so they just make the shoes wider.  I bought a pair of size 8M and they fit me fine but I feel for my cousins with the pencil feet (I have the other side of the family's paddle feet).  I will be curious to see if this happens on QVC and Zappos.  Zappos has the boot I bought in an 8W.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks eliminating widths

Well then Clark's will be the second show brand I've eliminated. How ridiculous not to offer more than one width

Esteemed Contributor

@Wobin

I just returned 2 pairs of Clarks Patty Lorene Clogs, which they presented in July --- as "Clarks Clogs are Back." I wear 7 wide - and have many Clarks clogs 6-1/2 to 7 wide and they all fit perfectly. The Patty Lorene Clogs were way too long and too wide. YES - Clarks Shoes are not like in the distant past. Made much cheaper and sizing is a guessing game. QVC - what's going on?????

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting.  Your post made me laugh, “paddle feet”, “pencil feet” – ha.  My feet are paddles for sure, so it may be good news for me. On the one hand, it's good that they're adjusting their sizes as norms change but hopefully they'll continue to offer varying widths.  

Respected Contributor

@Wobin:  Do you think he was referring to his store in particular, not the entire Clark's Shoes company?

Valued Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Wobin:  Do you think he was referring to his store in particular, not the entire Clark's Shoes company?

He made it sound like the entire company.  Very strange if they would eliminate widths from stores and offer them online but it could have to do with not keeping much inventory on hand.  Wide widths and better selection are why I went to the Clarks store.

Valued Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

Interesting.  Your post made me laugh, “paddle feet”, “pencil feet” – ha.  My feet are paddles for sure, so it may be good news for me. On the one hand, it's good that they're adjusting their sizes as norms change but hopefully they'll continue to offer varying widths.  

My husband and I used to joke that if we had kids they could end up with giant wide feet.  He wears size 13 and his white socked feet scared his toddler nephew years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Wobin

I just returned 2 pairs of Clarks Patty Lorene Clogs, which they presented in July --- as "Clarks Clogs are Back." I wear 7 wide - and have many Clarks clogs 6-1/2 to 7 wide and they all fit perfectly. The Patty Lorene Clogs were way too long and too wide. YES - Clarks Shoes are not like in the distant past. Made much cheaper and sizing is a guessing game. QVC - what's going on?????

@kivah ... I agree ... Clark’s shoes are not what they used to be .... I stopped buying them because it became hit or miss with the sizing 👎

Respected Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

I was at a Clarks store this week to try on ankle boots.  When I asked for a wide width the salesman said they are no longer offering widths in all their shoes.  He made it sound like they will someday only offer one width because people's feet are getting wider so they just make the shoes wider.  I bought a pair of size 8M and they fit me fine but I feel for my cousins with the pencil feet (I have the other side of the family's paddle feet).  I will be curious to see if this happens on QVC and Zappos.  Zappos has the boot I bought in an 8W.

I think your salesman had a brain fart. 😜

Honored Contributor

IMO that salesperson is full of bologna!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)