Honored Contributor

Clarks Medora Gemma

[ Edited ]

I've never worn Clarks shoes before but watched a presentation of these the other night and ordered them.  They came today, and they are so comfortable!  I have bad feet and need something with support that are comfortable.  These aren't the least bit cute, but I am pleased that they feel so good.  For some reason I had always thought Clarks shoes wouldn't be that comfortable.  Of course, I haven't really tested them yet by doing a lot of walking in them, but they seem like they'll be fine.  Do you all generally like Clarks shoes?  The last pair of shoes I bought were Aetrex, and I like them a lot, too.  http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Perforated-Nubuck-Leather-Slip-On-Shoes---Medora-Gemma.product.A282691.htm...  

The last pair of shoes I bought were Aetrex, and I like them a lot, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've done well with Clarks in both shoes and boots (mostly from QVC).  I have flat feet and bunions, so you know I need a good supportive shoe with arch support, cushion and flexibility.  I'm glad you're happy with yours!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  Flat feet and bunions are what I have, too!  I'm glad to know they work for you.

-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

I have them in black.  They must have been a TSV when I got them last season.  I have been wearing them for a couple of weeks since it turned cool here.  They are so very comfortable that I am thinking of getting a backup pair.  Love my Clarks!

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered shoes from QVC before, but I'm glad I ordered these.  I always order from Zappos or somewhere that has free shipping and free returns.  I was so hoping I wouldn't have to return these.  They fit perfectly.  They must be made for QVC, because I couldn't find them anywhere else, including the Clarks website.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@pachutabelle wrote:

I have them in black.  They must have been a TSV when I got them last season.  I have been wearing them for a couple of weeks since it turned cool here.  They are so very comfortable that I am thinking of getting a backup pair.  Love my Clarks!

@pachutabelle  Have you worn these on wet surfaces?  I was just reading the latest reviews, and two people said they slipped badly when it was raining or on wet surfaces several times.  I'm going to have to watch the weather forecast and not wear these when it's raining.

-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

@NickNack, no I haven't worn them on a wet surface.  Mostly up and down halls of hospital when hubby was there last week and grocery shopping.  Thanks for the warning!  I'll be extra careful.  I had one broken ankle several years ago from slipping on ice and surely don't need another.

Trusted Contributor

I only wear Clarks and have been for about 20 years.  I must have 50 pairs.  Most of them I purchased at their outlets or online when they're on sale or about to be discontinued.  I don't have foot problems -- although I had bi-lateral bunionectomy in 2002.  Some styles don't work on my feet as I can't have the front cut too low or else it rubs against my bone. 

I have a pair of their Wave shoes which I only wear to Europe (we recently went to Ireland, Scotland and London this year) and they are the best/comfortable walking shoes ever.  I'm just waiting for the Wave Mary Jane shoes in black to go on sale -- although I don't think they ever will.  I have a 30% off coupon for Shoes.com and tried to purchase them but they didn't honor the coupon either for that style or for Clarks.

Honored Contributor

You're right @Nicknack. These shoes will never be described as "cute"  but I do think they have a casual elegance to them, but which I find appealing.  They're very tailored and will go with most anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks Medora Gemma

[ Edited ]

I wear size 7 wide - and my most comfortable shoes are Clarks. I have 5 pairs of Clarks Medora Gemma (all the colors - suede) and 4 pairs Clarks Medora Ally (leather with elastic band). I love Clarks Leather and Colors - and they're so comfortable -- and very cute.

I must worn you:

A few weeks ago, I was washing a large ceramic collectible in my kitchen sink. I then walked a couple of feet to my kitchen island. As I turned left to put down the collectible, it crashed down on my kitchen island - and I fell hard on my butt. I'm almost 77 yrs old. The "tootsie roll" bottoms on the shoes slipped on the 2 drops of water on my tile floor. I never fall - and I kept thinking, "what if I were holding a baby or puppy"? They are very slippery!!!! I have read other reviews on this outsole - and women mentioned that they also fell.

You can also find Clarks at clarksusa.com. Free shipping both ways. I purchased one pair of the Medora Ally from them - their price was lower at the time. 8 other pairs I purchased from the Q (2 pairs were as-is price and were perfect). I have many other Clarks - and am still wearing those Clarks accordion heel. 6 pairs separated (the top from the outsole - but I still have 6 pairs left.

Clarksusa.com has sales regularly - u just need to keep checking.