Valued Contributor

Why is Amy wearing over the knee boots in August?

Respected Contributor

they're making me think fall!  love them.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Because that's how the fashion industry works.  When August comes around, the stores show fall/winter fashions.  In December, it is cruise wear.  As January1st rolls around, spring then quickly summer fashions are shown. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

But it reminds of winter and snow. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@DJP  I'd assume it's because QVC and every store locally is selling late fall and winter already unless you shop the racks of leftovers out on the street. 

Ten days ago, like you I was wondering what's going on, but I know just this week I finished with summer enough that I'm ready to pack away my most summery clothes, and I've dug out a stack of sweaters I haven't used since May.

Honored Contributor

She looked great.  Fall is officially here in less than a month.

Honored Contributor

Where the heck have you been...lol   Qvc went into Fall Fashion mode over a week ago, maybe two weeks.  Which makes sense, it's almost September and this is when we're all thinking about what we need and want for Fall/Winter.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@DJP  I'd assume it's because QVC and every store locally is selling late fall and winter already unless you shop the racks of leftovers out on the street. 

Ten days ago, like you I was wondering what's going on, but I know just this week I finished with summer enough that I'm ready to pack away my most summery clothes, and I've dug out a stack of sweaters I haven't used since May.

Yeah, me too...lol   2-3 weeks ago, I was like "it's still summer"  "I'm not thinking about fall clothes now"     Now I'm like "I need that before my color goes !!!!".   I suppose the cool nights,  kids going back to shool and just seeing the hosts and models all decked out for fall that pushed me into fall mode.  

Valued Contributor

I guess I'm still in denial! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Signs fall is near...

College classes have started.  Grade schools reopen next week.  The NYS Fair is on.  Labor Day is close.  Fresh apples and cider are in my store.  Nights are in the 40-50 range.  The leaves are changing colors in higher elevations.  Night air smells crisp. ( It did until "Flower" made her nightly visit.). Tonight I have to close my bedroom window.  Not all country air is refreshing.

Fall is my favorite time to decorate and it has all my favorite colors.   Time to get started.  Planning and going over my inventory now.  I have to do my DILs enclosed front porch as well.  Will get out the Bearington bear family in their fall outfits with their pumpkins and mother with her scented apple pie.   I have a 5' fabric stuffed scarecrow to sit in the rocker or maybe on the parkbench.  I need to go collect pencil size cattails and other natural items.  

After Thanksgiving its time to do winter.  That is also a favorite season and a fun project.