Occasional Contributor
When did this become a “trend?” To me, white soles on black shoes look tacky and cheap. The manufacturer is saying that they want to save money by putting the same sole on every color shoe. Ugh.
Honored Contributor

Re: Black shoes, white soles?

I think white soles on black shoes look crisp and sharp all year long but especially for summer wear.  I've got several pairs I wouldn't have bought if they'd had black soles which I think look heavy and ugly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Not a fan of white soles either. It's not too bad if the shoes are a pastel, but no so much on black or other dark colors.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   I'm with you on this one.  I also think it looks sharp.  Black on black looks too much like work boots.  I don't mind it on my hiking sneakers but on my regular ones, I much prefer the soles to be white.  And with all the pretty accent colors they add now I think they are much nicer than just black sneakers with a black sole.  

Respected Contributor

I don't mind that as much as black soles on white shoes....can we say clarks.

Esteemed Contributor

White soles on black shoes is a thing. I like it and I own the Sketchers max cushion in black with white soles as does the hubs. We both look sharp. 

Esteemed Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Kachina624   I'm with you on this one.  I also think it looks sharp.  Black on black looks too much like work boots.  I don't mind it on my hiking sneakers but on my regular ones, I much prefer the soles to be white.  And with all the pretty accent colors they add now I think they are much nicer than just black sneakers with a black sole.  

Exactly! Black on black does look like a work boot. My sister has the Sketchers max cushion elite in the black with a black sole, and it looks heavy, ugly, and clunky.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them.  A fun thing!

Respected Contributor

I think they're jaunty.  Navy looks especially sharp with a white sole.

Black on black looks orthopedic to me or like nonslip foodservice shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

I definitely like the white soles. They make shoes have a modern vibe.