Regular Contributor

Re: Best Sandals for Walking in Disney World?

Thanks again for the replies... they are all very much appreciated!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm 62 and we go to Disney every year in Oct/Nov . .. My daughter is 32 and wears Sketcher flip flops and alternates with the Go Walks

I lie my Sketchers Go Walk 3. I bought 2 pairs and broke them in before we go. 

Another hint is ALTERNATE whatever you wear....makes a difference

Trusted Contributor

I would go with a good tennis shoe with good support.

Honored Contributor

Did you ever notice that runners and serious walkers never wear sandals?  That's because they give little support for lots of walking.  The best shoe you can wear would be a sneaker style with support. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I live in the area and always wear SAS sandals to the parks.  They are cool, cushioney, never rub.

It will be hot and humid - lots of sunscreen, water, sun glasses, pace yourself

Trusted Contributor

SAS make great shoes - both sandals and sneakers for walking. I suggest going to their store if you have in your vacinity. You can also buy them online but the salespeople will really assist you in the store.

I went for their sneakers. They are more $ than your average sneakers but they are made in USA and I'm still wearing them after 3 years. They were great for walking around Disney World.

Trusted Contributor

My Ryka sneakers & white socks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Birkenstocks which do give good support (style Gizeh is my favorite) or Easy Spirit backless sneakers (style is called Travel Time.)

Have a great time!

Honored Contributor

I NEED a lot of support from my shoes, toe coverage so I don't get my toes banged up, but lots of airflow for coolness. The past few years I have been buying Keen Rose sandals.They are great for me. Everyone has different foot issues.

Contributor

Lucky! Love Disneyworld and I love shoes!

There are so many comfortable shoes out there as many have suggested.

My advice is to pick out what you love and make sure it fits well. I would look for an absorbent footbed in either a cloth, a buck leather, or a suede. Sweaty soles will feel awful and give you blisters.

Nothing too flat. I would opt for an inch or more on the sole. You don't want to feel the pounding of the pavement nor the heat of the pavement.

Finally, I would opt for natural fibers such as leather, suede or cloth which will stretch and breath with your feet as they swell during the day. Love ventilation!

Good luck!