Honored Contributor

I just ordered a pair of Aetrex sandals that were on sale at Amazon. I have flat feet and need good arch support.  I hope these will work for me.  They're really cute and are called the Sharon Circle Qtr Strap dress sandal.  The mint color is on sale for $80.43.  The other colors are selling for $109.95.  Do any of you wear Aetrex sandals?  Are they as comfortable as they sound like they'll be?  I usually wear Alegria and Romika.  I'm not sure if I over pronate or not, which is what the video that is on the page with the shoes talks about.  I do wear Orthoheel (by Vionic) slippers and find them extremely comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of Aetrex thongs and I like them. They seem to be a quality product. Their footbed is *slightly* less PF/arch supportive than Vionics, but only slightly. They are good shoes for those who pronate slightly to moderately; IMO Vionics are better for heavy duty pronators (me).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Moonchilde.  I hope they'll work well for me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack and @Moonchilde:

I have very problematic feet and recently purchased the Aetrex Naya wedge sandal. I love it so much that I bought it in another color. I now have it in black and bronze. It is so comfortable and very stylish.

Aetrex makes Lynco orthotics, which I have been using in my exercise walking shoes for several years. I use the one with the metatarsal support.

Here is the sandal that I love, in bronze:

Aetrex Naya

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, Friday was the first time I was near a store which sells the actual orthotics and has the machine in store. I was surprised to see that the orthotics are rubber-y. I wondered if they would last very long compared to stiffer ones like Vionics.  

I also have a pair of the Aetrex berries bungee shoes and love them.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@suzyQ3, Friday was the first time I was near a store which sells the actual orthotics and has the machine in store. I was surprised to see that the orthotics are rubber-y. I wondered if they would last very long compared to stiffer ones like Vionics.  

I also have a pair of the Aetrex berries bungee shoes and love them.

@Moonchilde, I use the women's sport othortic with the metatarsal bump. I have a relatively high arch, so they pose no discomfort at all once I became used to them, which was about five minutes.

I'm surprised at how long one lasts. I have to remind myself to check it every so often. Usually, I just replace them when I replace the shoes. They are wonderful and well worth the cost. I have not tried a stiffer insert.

They also make one without the metatarsal cushion. And they have one with a post to help with pronation that also does not have the metatarsal bump.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, the one they recommended to me was the posted one without the metatarsal bump.  I don't think I've ever had metatarsal issues - just everything else, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@suzyQ3, the one they recommended to me was the posted one without the metatarsal bump.  I don't think I've ever had metatarsal issues - just everything else, lol.

@MoonchildeAnd if you have flat or low arches, the metatarsal might be difficult anyway.

I can't speak to the posted one, but I can speak to longevity. I'm glad that this softer version of an orthotic works for me rather than a stiffer one.

Lucky me, I have metatarsal problems AND "just everything else." Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I love those sandals @suzyQ3.  The ones I ordered are really cute, too, but they're flats.  My main problem is that I have flat feet.  I hope these work for me.  I don't have metatarsal problems.  If these work, I think I'll go to the store that sells them and use the machine.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor
Several months ago I purchased a nice Aetrix Mary Jane for worship services. My first Aetrix. Very good quality. Tried on at local Comfort Shies store. Don't know about their sandals.