Honored Contributor

Has anyone every used their food saver to store cookies?   Obviously you would have to be careful not to crush the cookies....I lack freezer space.

Respected Contributor

No, I've never used it to store cookies. When I bake cookies, I store them in Lock and Lock containers. They keep them fresh for weeks. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't done that.  Something you might try if you live somewhere with a true winter is to bag your cookies and then put the bags in a Rubbermaid tyoe storage bin with a secure lid and then keep the bin in a cold garage or enclosed back porch.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs many years ago I tried with oatmeal scotchies.  It wasn't pretty.  When I stacked them I did a single layer and put another on top in the middle of the two rows of cookies.  I froze them, they came out looking like one huge cookie.  They tasted fine but they took quite a while to separate and weren't exactly the perfect christmas cookie I was looking for. 

I never tried my more "christmas like" cookies, I just stack them in lock n locks and they come out great. Just finished a whole afternoon of baking!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I did this when I lived up north.  I would wrap them well and then store in tupperware or storage containers.

I also would do all my sugar cookie cutouts in November.  Lay flat seal and freeze.  Would take and (royal icing) decorate days before I would put trays together. 

@Mom2Dogs 

I don't think I'd use food saver unless the cookies were "sturdy" like shortbread. I think if you wrap well (I use press n' seal) and store in air tight containers you'd be ok for at least a week (or 2) depending on the cookie & texture. 

Esteemed Contributor

To protect cookies - par-freeze them first.  Out of oven - let cool - place cookies on a wax paper lined tray - let them totally freeze or almost..........then remove from freezer in to Food Saver bags.....like double stack 3 rows (depending how large your cookies are)...........

then use F-S machine to almost remove air in bag.  Stop the machine when most of air is out of bag and let it seal the opening

I use Food Saver for soft muffins - just stop the air extraction before it crushes food.

I par-freeze thick steaks first.  Otherwise F-S machine will squeeze all the juices out.               

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies.   I need to go buy a few tins tomorrow so that I can give my niece her cookies...then I won't have to store them until closer to Christmas...I usually bake, then freeze and gift closer to Christmas.  This year she can store them!

Honored Contributor

One time I used a food saver to store Oreo cookies that I had dipped in chocolate.  They were fine, except the chocolate had the impression of the bag on them, which was a bumpy pattern.

I store my cookies in tins and food containers with wax paper between layers. Last year I used two lock and lock pie carriers to store some cookies.  This is my favorite way to store them so far.  They are perfect for delicate cookies that tend to crumble or cookies with frosting.

On a free shipping day, I ordered four more.  I have six total.  They are too large to fit in a freezer, but I am storing some of my cookies in the cold garage in some kitchen cabinets we have installed out there.

I also have some sturdy cookies stored in the freezer in containers.  I keep my rum and bourbon balls in tins along with some homemade fudge and chocolate candy.