Honored Contributor

DD and I made spring rolls last night for dinner-- used the rice papers, and put in  marinated pork tenderloin, lettuce, carrots, cukes, green onions and orange peppers-----being rookies, they weren't the works of art that I have eaten but were very good---made a sauce to dip them and then made japanese spud salad----was alot of prep tho----but so good----

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl that sounds great for a warm summer night!

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl 

Hi!  Your spring rolls...yum, yum!  Do you mind sharing your Japanese potato salad recipe?  What kind of spuds did you use?   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze ---sure----I used russets---and let me get back to you for the recipe--will see if I can manage to paste the recipe here--are you on Pinterest? It is from Just One Cookbook---

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @wagirl!  I went to the Just One Cookbook site and found the recipe.  Wow, the author is VERY detailed and thorough in her instructions but after reading them, it''s really more of a case of the 'dog's bark being worse than his bite'🙂. There was a time, just  👀👁the length of directions (and long lists of ingredients), I would have skipped right over such recipes.  This recipe looks like it will be as good as the JPS I sampled at my church's international tasting some years ago that was made by an exchange student from Japan who made us her away from home church-- except that I will have some s/mashed and some chunky (but not real big) potatoesas she had in hers.

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze --I so agree!!! I am not one to prepare long, lengthy, recipes anymore---think you could short cut alot as I will do if I make this again---I like the added things not found in regular mashed spuds however. Was fun and I had all the ingredients and the time-----DD loves Asian cuisine and loves to try making them, as was the case of the spring rolls that went with this. they were easy to prepare and so delicious.