Contributor

ty guys i made this yesterday and it was as yummy as i remember so good for sandwiches

Trusted Contributor

@ChiliPepper

@Nightowlz

@RespectLife

@Chicagoan

@jazzy22

Chili, Chicagoan/Robin is posting here again -- see Robin's Easy Salsa thread.  This Italian Beef was her recipe originally (I remember it from when I first joined Recipe Swap), so I'm sure she'll be happy to answer your questions if she sees this thread. 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz

@jazzy22

@RespectLife

OMG, this seems like such an odd ingredient to put in a roast doesn't it LOL???!!!!

That is what is so great about this board, I would have NEVER thought of it or would have never tried it (the roast recipe) if I saw it because it seems so peculiar.

I wonder if the vinegar helps tenderize the meat? Did you put the vinegar/juice in there too?

You guys say it's good so I'm all in, I'll be making it soon!

Thanks for broadening my horizons once again!!!

@ChiliPepper I have never made this recipe so I don't know if all the juice should be added or not. The vinegar would help tenderize the meat. I would watch how much of the juice & mixture I would add. Since it's spicy I think the more you add the spicier it would be. My stomach does not like spicy.

@Nightowlz

@RespectLife

Thanks Nightowlz! I re-read it & it doesn't say either way but I would think not. That stuff is waaaaaaay vinegery so my guess it would be too much.

The little bit you get from the vegies would tenderize the meat I think.

Respect made it so I'll bet she will let us know when she gets a chance.

@Nightowlz

@ChiliPepper

I dumped the whole jar in...liquid and all!  Not sure if that was right...but I did.  I don't remember it being too tangy or spicy at all...just SO tender!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife

@Nightowlz

Hi Respect, thanks for checking back.

I was afraid it you be "knock your socks off" vinegery, but no huh???

Thanks!!!

Valued Contributor

Sorry I missed your questions, I haven't been on in a while.  The Giardiniera I use is more finely diced.  giardiniera-400.jpg

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Re: help finding this

[ Edited ]

I have this all ready to throw in the Crock Pot at work tomorrow! Cooler using that than the oven.

Should make for some nice meals & leftovers.

Trusted Contributor

This may be a dumb question, but are you using a 5lb roast or cut up into smaller chunks?

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29

My roast is ~ 2-1/2 pounds. 5 pounds is huge - way too big for us.