Trusted Contributor

take a can of tomato soup, and add a can of beef broth to it.  heat until warm and serve.

the beef broth gives the soup such a good flavor.  also add 1 t of vodka to the soup.  you can't taste it but the tomato has a flavor compund in it that can on;y be released by adding vodka.

Honored Contributor

My sister said the Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup in the pouch is really good. She said she cut up more potatoes to add to it. Fast & Easy to make.

I looked it up online & they have several different kinds of soups. I have not tried any of them yet.

Trusted Contributor

Re: good and quick soup

[ Edited ]

I make a package of Bear Creek soup once a week.  Many times it is the Vegetable.  I add extra soup vegetables, cumin, and Southwest Chipolte seasoning blend from Target/Market Pantry.  My Son is a big fan of the Cream of Broccolli  -  they add extra brocolli and maybe some grated cheese on top.  

I would highly recommend these soups if you are not the kind of chef to make your soup. I consider the Bear Creek soup mixes 'soup starters'.   I will also add groud beef or turkey to the vegetable soup too.  Your imagination can run wild.

It is cold with artic chill winds today.  I might need to fix a batch of soup ! 

Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

I make a package of Bear Creek soup once a week.  Many times it is the Vegetable.  I add extra soup vegetables, cumin, and Southwest Chipolte seasoning blend from Target/Market Pantry.  My Son is a big fan of the Cream of Broccolli  -  they add extra brocolli and maybe some grated cheese on top.  

@sktchy

I may have to get a few to try plus some for my MIL. At her age she does not like being in the kitchen cooking. She will be 89 in a couple of months.

Honored Contributor

Bear Creek makes the best packaged soup mixes.  My favorite is chicken noodle for a quick meal. 

Trusted Contributor

a friend of mine takes bear creek soup mix, adds extra potoatoes, celery and onions plus canned clams for a quick clam chowder

Respected Contributor

Have not heard of Bear Creek soups.  Will have to try them.

Trusted Contributor

It takes 8 cups of water to make a pot of Bear Creek - fair warning in case your MIL may get overwhelmed with making a lot of soup.

I also like the Chicken Noodle and Chicken with Rice. There is a lot to choose from

Honored Contributor

I never heard of this brand of soup.  Checked out the chicken--180 calories per cup and 770 mg of sodium????  No wonder it tastes good.  I'll pass.  

Honored Contributor

I have a recipe for zucchini soup.you need about 4 zucchini,half an onion and 2 garlic cloves.Lightly sauté chopped onion and garlic....add one of those tetra pack size chicken broth and your zucchini roughly chopped.I like to add a little salt,pepper and thyme.I about ten minutes or so the zucchini will be soft.Get out your immersion blender and blend till smooth...serve with a little bit of cream or not.