Trusted Contributor

does anyone have a favorite recipe for a chocolate fudge cake??  thanks so much

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe,

I don't have a recipe for you, but, if you make one, please save me a slice! lol

https://cur.glitter-graphics.net/pub/3141/3141328dva74uuzc5.gif

Honored Contributor

Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix Triple Chocolate Fudge, 15.25 oz Box

2 weeks ago my SIL made this cake mix but replaced the water with Hersheys Choco Syrup and iced it with Buttercream frosting mixed with creamy Peanut Butter.

It was delicious...my brother said it was the best Birthday Cake he ever had. I am going to make it this weekend...easy and so good.

Honored Contributor

This is an easy fudge-y chocolate cake recipe with a warm, fudge/pudding baked right in.

It may not be the kind of cake recipe you're looking for but it's absolutely delicious with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.

It reheats great with just a minute or less in the microwave.

Easy Fudge-y Pudding Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
  • 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk), divided
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Syrup, divided
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup hot water
  • Whipped topping or ice cream (optional)

Directions:

• 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
  • 2. Combine baking mix and cocoa in medium bowl; stir in 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup syrup and vanilla until blended. Spoon evenly into prepared pan.
  • 3. Combine remaining sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1/2 cup syrup and water in small bowl. Pour liquid mixture carefully over top of mixture in pan; do not stir.
  • 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Let stand 10 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning pudding from bottom of pan over top. Serve warm; garnish with whipped topping, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. Makes 9 servings
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

I have two chocolate cake recipes...one my mom gave me and I passed onto the bakery I was working for.  One lady called up and asked for the chocolate cake that was better than s*x.  The other one is a version of Mississippi Mud....the fudge topping is to die for!....unfortunately, the recipes are home -- I am at work.  If interested, let me know and I will send to you. 

Respected Contributor

This one

https://www.livecrafteat.com/eat/death-by-chocolate-bundt-cake/

And if you really want a treat add 1/3 cup Kahula liqueur

Honored Contributor

1 cup butter

1/2 cup Dutched cocoa

1 cup hot water

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup buttermilk

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter.  Stir in cocoa and water.  

In separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in cocoa mixture.  Beat in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.

Pour batter into greased and floured 8"X13" baking pan.  Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Cool on rack.

Fudge Frosting: 

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup cocoa

6 tbsps buttermilk

4 cups powdered sugar

Melt butter in saucepan.  Stir in cocoa and buttermilk.  Bring to boil, remove from heat, and beat in powdered sugar until smooth.  Pour over cake while frosting is warm.

Honored Contributor

Re: chocolate fudge cake

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe 

This recipe is from LIfeloveandsugar.com

If you want a cake/cheesecake recipe....check out her site!  This one I have made several times!!  I have made it with only two layers mostly.  Cook time is a little longer, just keep an eye on it and test it.

You could close your eyes and just pick any dessert on her site and come out a winner!

If you go to her site, you can see a picture of this gorgeous dark chocolate cake.

Here is what she siad on her post:

"And I really recommend using the dark chocolate cocoa, instead of regular cocoa. It adds such a deep chocolate flavor. Unlike biting into a piece of dark chocolate candy, it’s not bitter at all in cake with all the added sugar. Be prepared though, it is a very thin batter. And no, it’s not a typo down there. It’s a slow-bake cake and bakes at 300 degrees –"

Best Chocolate Cake                            Yield: 3 layer 8 inch cake

Chocolate Cake

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 large eggs

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup vegetable oil

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup boiling water

Chocolate Icing

1 1/4 cups butter

1 1/4 cups shortening

9 cups powdered sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder

4-5 tbsp water/milk

Instructions

1. Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides.
  2. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
  3. Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
  5. Pour into three 8 inch cakes pans and bake at 300 degrees for about 30-33 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
  6. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
  7. Make icing while cakes cool. Beat together butter and shortening until smooth.
  8. Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
  9. Add vanilla and 1-2 tbsp water or milk and mix until smooth.
  10. Add another 5 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
  11. Add cocoa and mix until smooth.
  12. Add more water or milk until the right consistency.
  13. Once cakes are cool, remove cake domes from top with a large serrated knife.
  14. Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Spread about 3/4 cup of icing on top in an even layer.
  15. Add second layer of cake and add another 3/4 cup of icing on top in an even layer.
  16. Add final layer of cake on top and ice the outside of the cake.
  17. Finish of with sprinkles or other decoration.

Respected Contributor

Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake...easy and so good!

http://www.easyaspiecanbe.com/2018/06/double-fudge-coca-cola-cake.html

Honored Contributor

@ottowatoo , if it is not to much trouble, your recipes would be appreciated!  My dh loves any thing chocolate.