Trusted Contributor

i save all the odds and ends of cheese and freeze them.  then when i get a fair amount, i grate them and add cream cheese and white wine.  give it a whril in the food processor and you have a good cheese ball.  you can roll in nuts ect if desired.  kind of cheese as long as it is a hard or semi soft cheese doesn't matter.  i have made these to take to parties and no one knew that it was all from leftover cheese ends

Respected Contributor

Great tip!  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

the flavor will vary depending on what kind of cheese and how much of each kind you use.  but it is a great way to use up leftovers.

Respected Contributor

that is a excellent idea!  never have any "extra" cheese ends here though. dh is a chees-a-holic.

Trusted Contributor

same at my house.  itry to save small ends but my dogs arecheese lovers too.

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover

Can you estimate how much cream cheese and wine you add ? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

i add enough cream cheese to make it creamy but not too thin.  i rarelyuse more then 1/2 to a whole 8 ounce package.  it just depends on how much cheese you have and the samewith the white wine.  i use abaout 2 or 3 T

New Contributor

Here's another easy but delicious cheese ball recipe. 

Cranberry Orange Cheeseball

2- 8oz pkg cream cheese

1- box dry Orange jell-o

1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries

Soften cream cheese and mix in jell-o and cranberries, place on plastic wrap and form into a ball.  Chill in fridge and place on a serving plate surrounded by Ritz crackers, graham cracker fingers or ginger snaps.  Enjoy!

NOTE: I have also used the sugar-free jello here - the quantity in the box isn't as great, but the strength seems to be adequate for the dish. I do not use the fat free cream cheese, as my only past experience using it (not in this) was not successful!.