Honored Contributor

brining/airfrying whole chicken

Did both of these for the first time for Xmas Eve dinner---brined a 4lb whole chicken then seasoned it, stuck a lemon inside, and put it into my airfryer------OMG-----amazing!!! bird was tender and moist and the skin made me cry with happiness----Woman Very Happy very crispy and browned to perfection. Now will pick the bones and make a chicken pot pie for Xmas dinner.

How did your meals turn out?

Honored Contributor

Re: brining/airfrying whole chicken

I am happy that your chicken turned out well.  Your dinner sounds good.

We're eating around 3:00 so my prime rib is in the oven now.  I hope it turns out well.  It was a big splurge and I don't want to over cook it.

The Pigs in the Blanket ( stuffed cabbage) is good, I tasted it early. My DH made it. He only cooks once a year and this is his thing.

The prep work is done and I am sitting for a minute or two, then I will go peel potatoes.

Merry Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl 

Yum that sounds delish.

Please post what temp you cooked it at plus how long?

Did you turn the bird during air frying?

I have made a 6 lb turkey breast in the air-fryer that DH removed some of the bone so it would fit right. It turned out really yummy.

I went by Blue Jean Chef recipe. I did turn the bird to brown while cooking.

We are eating prime rib around 6. DH went to his mom's house to check on her & drop off goodies.

Merry Christmas!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz --hello!! I used the roast cycle at 400* for 1 hour, turning it over after 30 minutes.=, then letting it sit for another 10 minutes----have done trurkey breast too and they werre the best ever.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Nightowlz --hello!! I used the roast cycle at 400* for 1 hour, turning it over after 30 minutes.=, then letting it sit for another 10 minutes----have done trurkey breast too and they werre the best ever.

@wagirl 

Hi. Thank you for the info. I will have to try chicken in the air fryer.

I like that 6 lb turkey breasts are easy to find around here. DH can cut part of the bone off the bottome & it fits perfect in the 6 qt air fryer. 

Trusted Contributor

I love doing a whole chicken in the foodi when I can find one small enough. They turn out so well every time.

@wagirl Would you share what you put in brine? I would like to try.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 ---I used a brining kit from Whole Foods--had the brining seasoning as well as the bag and more seasoning for the outside of the bird. It was for turkey but I didn't use it for that.Don't have any idea what was in it tho. but was very good---

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl  Thanks, I'll try that if I get to whole foods. It's about an hour away from me. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 ---just get any  kind of brining kit from anywhere---everyone has them. I just ordered it with my grocery order -----no need to make a special trip--there are many recipes out in cyberworld for brines too.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl Yes, I've done some brining with recipes I've found on the web. I just like to find some that are tried and true. Thanks for answering. Happy New Year!