Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

I think it would be neat to have a brick oven like that outside, I would bake bread every day.

Honored Contributor

Wood-fired bread ovens always look impressive, but I'm not sure how much fun they'd be on a routine basis. Getting the temp right, figuring the cooking time, traipsing back and forth from the house to the oven, I suspect a plain old oven would start to look pretty good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Many, if not most, of the homes on the Indian pueblos in New Mexico have hornos, which are Adobe beehive shaped ovens.  They often sell bread baked in them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'll stick with the KitchenAid and the Zojirushi to make bread. . . neat pictures though!

Trusted Contributor

the story behind it is  that hansel and gretel were ba,ers.  they had a witch that had a bakery too.  she was selling molre then they were so they killed her.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

We have friends who built their own outdoor oven.  They love it and everyone who eats bread and pizza from their oven LOVES every bite.

However- - - this is a case of high maintenance and prior to each bake, it really is kind of a pain in the neck to get it prepped.

You really have to be prepared to devote the time and energy such an oven requires.