Regular Contributor

I know this is a recipe exchange but I'm really curious to know what your go to pots are since it's obvious we're all doing a lot of cooking here! I recently decided to get rid of some old pots that I did not like and I wanted something that would serve me well and last me forever. I did some research and I've ended up with a beautiful set (I normally don't like sets of things) of Tramontina tri ply clad pots from Wal-mart that was the top choice from cooks illustrated magazine. I got an 8 piece set for $129 as well as something called a 'jumbo cooker" for an extra $69 and I can't believe what amazing pots these are. I have one all clad frying pan that someone gave me years ago and these are made exactly the same and feel and cook the same as the all clad one. I also have one Le Creuset pot than someone gave me years ago and I use it constantly but it's a tiny bit too small and I'm always crowding things in it. I really need to save up and splurge on the larger size but these are super $$$. I'm wondering if the similarly made ones at Wal-mart are as good. I miss my Mom's big Farberware dutch oven that is in storage upstate. My workhorses are two non stick tefal frying pans that I also read about as choices from cooks illustrated and I got those for cheap on amazon too. I tried cast iron but I was never able to properly season it and I'd still like a nice cast iron skillet.

What are your go-to pots and pans?