Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

An open bottle of wine would not last long with me!

@kaydee50

LOL!  I agree with you!  Woman Very Happy

@nana59

I have heard the same as you-that wine can be frozen for use later in cooking-I believe I heard it on an episode of The Kitchen.  I don't remember how long they said the frozen wine would last though. You could freeze in muffins tins or ice cube trays.  I doubt they get real hard unless the alcohol content is lower so be careful when you "pop" them out or you may end up with a colorful outfit if your wine ice is made with red wine!  I think I would freeze in the ice cube tray and just leave the cubes in  the tray until I want to use them.  After freezing I would put the tray in a ziplock or lock n lock so the cubes don't pick up flavors.   

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

An open bottle of wine would not last long with me!

@kaydee50

LOL!  I agree with you!  Woman Very Happy

@nana59

I have heard the same as you-that wine can be frozen for use later in cooking-I believe I heard it on an episode of The Kitchen.  I don't remember how long they said the frozen wine would last though. You could freeze in muffins tins or ice cube trays.  I doubt they get real hard unless the alcohol content is lower so be careful when you "pop" them out or you may end up with a colorful outfit if your wine ice is made with red wine!  I think I would freeze in the ice cube tray and just leave the cubes in  the tray until I want to use them.  After freezing I would put the tray in a ziplock or lock n lock so the cubes don't pick up flavors.   

yes....article said it could take 24 hours before they freeze! thanks for the advice!!

Respected Contributor

I used to use Vacu-vin system.  rubber stoppers with slit in the top to alllow you to suck the air out of the bottle.  Worked well but I don't cook with wine all that much so I have graduated to the wine in a box. I've had some open for well over a month and it is still good for drinking.  Bettter than consistantly letting half a bottle go to waste.  Freezing wine... Whoda thunk it? 

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry, I can't help.  It never lasts long enough here to worry about storing it.

Super Contributor

I put my leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeezing is easy.   I usually  never thaw it out either.  I just throw a wine cube in.