Respected Contributor

Will this reply post now or not QVC?......That's the million dollar question

Seems I can't post a reply or recipe now to sfnative, and this is just so annoying. Tried 3 times to no avail. 

I hope they fix this web site, because the bugs are beginning to display.

sfnative, my pleasure, and please let me know if you need any further help with the Baklava recipeSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Will this reply post now or not QVC?......That's the million dollar question

Sfnative this is for youSmiley Happy.

Here is a delicious quick very elegant tasty Greek Dessert and I hope you do try it and enjoy it too.

Go to the site and look at the good photo, makes you want to reach in and eat itSmiley Happy.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/cakes/r/Custard-Pie-Galatopita.htm

• Greek Custard Pie without Phyllo Easy Peasy.

• Creamy semolina custard is baked until golden then bathed in sweet syrup. An easy custard pie that doesn’t require a pie crust, pie shell, or phyllo sheets.

• Prep Time: 20 minutes
• Cook Time: 40 minutes
• Total Time: 60 minutes
• Yield: About 24 pieces

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, 4 oz.
4 cups milk
1/2 cup semolina (you can substitute Farina)
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract

For the syrup:
1-cup water
1/2 cup sugar

Optional Topping:
For the topping over the sugar syrup:
can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and then serve but it has to be room temp, or cold from the refrigerator.

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9 X 12 inch baking dish. (I use a glass baker.)

In a large saucepan heat the milk with the butter until just boiling. Add the sugar and the semolina and continue cooking until the mixture thickens a bit, about 10 minutes.

Remove from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Stir in the beaten eggs and the vanilla extract.

Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven.

Set a timer for 30 minutes.

While the custard is baking prepare the syrup.

Syrup Preparation:
Boil the water and stir in the sugar.
Simmer uncovered for approximately 10 minutes.
Pour the syrup over the custard and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Cool the custard slightly before serving, or bring to room temp, or refrigerate.

If room temp or from refrigerator can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve.

Respected Contributor

Re: Will this reply post now or not QVC?......That's the million dollar question

Some posts do display but I noticed on top it will say if the post was sucessful, if it did not display that information even though an error was not made, it probably will not display.

I believe these issues will be addressed eventually by the QVC Support Team, who knows.

Some messages post and some do not.