Frequent Contributor

What’s your most delicious dessert?

People here are excellent cooks , so I was wondering if you’d mind sharing your most delicious dessert recipe? Thank you for any replies. I deeply appreciate it. 😃
Respected Contributor

Re: What’s your most delicious dessert?

[ Edited ]

Chocolate-Pots (choco-hoto)

• ¾ Cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • ¾ Cup sugar or less I've used 1/2 cup for less sweet
  •  3TBS all-purpose flour

Place baking sheet in 400-degree oven. Butter four ⅔-cup ramekins and set aside.

Using a microwave oven melt together the semisweet chocolate and the butter. Set aside to cool.

In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended.

Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey, about 18-20 minutes. Don't overbake, you want the bottom to be fudgy. Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve

*My goto....Super easy and super delicious, a must try.

I like to serve with vanilla ice cream. Yumo!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Chocolate walnut fudge. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hubby would say fresh blueberry pie with a shot of Chambord in it.

I would have to say a pear poached in red wine along with a small dark chocolate pot de creme with a little whipped cream on top.   Serve together.

Yield: 6

These pots de creme have a rich, chocolaty flavor. If you prefer sweeter custards, you can add 1 tablespoon sugar with the egg yolks in step 2.

Ingredients

6 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

3 ½ cups heavy cream

6 large egg yolks

½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon salt

Boiling water, for roasting pan

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put chocolate into a medium bowl.

Bring 2 1/2 cups cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate in bowl. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth.

Whisk together egg yolks, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.

Whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup.

Place six 6-ounce ovenproof cups or ramekins into a roasting pan. Pour chocolate mixture into cups, dividing evenly.

Pour enough boiling water into pan so it comes halfway up sides of cups.

Cover pan with foil. Cook until custards are barely set, about 25 minutes. Transfer cups to a wire rack, and let cool slightly.

Cover with plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour (up to overnight).

Beat the remaining cup cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon a dollop over each pot de creme before serving.

Honored Contributor

My dad's Coconut Cake. It's so moist & yummy. You have to use the Birds Eye frozen coconut not the coconut in the bag.

Coconut Cake

1 yellow box cake mix with pudding
2 - 6 oz bags frozen coconut – thawed
2 c sugar
1 c milk
8 oz cool whip

Make cake per package directions.
On low to medium heat mix sugar & milk to slow boil, stir often.
When it comes to a boil add 3 oz of crumbled coconut & stir.
Don’t cool cake. Pour the sugar, milk, coconut mixture over cake.
Sprinkle 3 oz coconut on cake.
Cool cake on rack.
When cool spread cool whip to cover, add other 6 oz crumbled coconut.
Keep in the refrigerator.

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Our absolute favorite!

I'm ashamed to say I bought a Sara Lee Blueberry Pie this morning, don't have the time to make one myself, and it was on sale.

Marie Callander makes the best blueberry pie, as far as the frozen variety goes.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Roasted Pecan Pie!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ronettes wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Our absolute favorite!

I'm ashamed to say I bought a Sara Lee Blueberry Pie this morning, don't have the time to make one myself, and it was on sale.

Marie Callander makes the best blueberry pie, as far as the frozen variety goes.  

I'm with you! I love pie. I bought a coconut cream last week. It sure was good! Blueberry is amazing. Good pick! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner You're recipe sounds delicious and low carb friendly!  No flour or sugar.

Honored Contributor

it is a bit of a process - the recipe is from America's Test Kitchen

always a favorite for the holidays - especially Thanksgiving

1 to eat after dinner and the other is strictly to go home with the leftovers

I use granny smith and NOT golden delicious as indicated

French Apple Tart

Serves 8

Crust

• 1⅓1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 5 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Filling

• 10 Golden Delicious apples (8 ounces each), peeled, cored
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/2 cup apricot preserves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  1. For the crust: Heat oven to 350°F. Whisk flour, sugar and salt together. Add melted butter and stir until dough forms. Using your hands, press dough evenly into bottom and sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet; bake on lowest rack, until crust is deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Set aside.
  2. For the filling: Cut 5 apples lengthwise into quarters, and cut each quarter lengthwise into 4 slices. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and water, and toss to combine. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples begin to turn translucent and are slightly pliable, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer apples to large plate; set aside.
  3. Microwave apricot preserves until fluid, about 30 seconds. Strain through fine-mesh strainer, reserving solids. Set aside 3 tablespoons strained preserves.
  4. Cut 5 apples into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Add remaining apricot preserves, reserved apricot solids, raw apples and salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, about 10 minutes.
  5. Puree apple mixture with potato masher. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
  6. Transfer puree to baked tart shell. Set aside 5 thinnest slices of sautéed apple. Starting at outer edge of tart, arrange remaining slices, overlapping, in circles. Fit reserved slices in center. Bake tart on lower rack for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler.
  7. While broiler heats, microwave reserved preserves until fluid, about 20 seconds. Brush over apples, avoiding crust. Broil tart, checking every 30 seconds and turning, until apples are caramelized, 1 to 3 minutes. Let cool for at least 11/2 hours. Remove outer metal ring of tart pan, slide spatula between tart and pan bottom, and slide tart onto serving platter

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 5.50.14 PM.png