Respected Contributor

Re: What’s your favorite bottled salad dressing ?

Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Respected Contributor

Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion and Harris Teeter Orange Poppy Seed

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We really like all of the Lighthouse creamy dressings.

Caesar, Homestyle Ranch, Chunky blue Cheese and my personal favorite is their Thousand Island.  they are found in the refrigerated section.  Except for shelf stable Wishbone Italian dressing, we're not crazy about them.  Ken's makes a good Italian though.  For Blue cheese dressing, our very favorite is Bob's Blue Cheese.  We are in So. Cal. so not sure Bob's is found in other parts of the country.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is Beverly's Raspberry-Poppyseed Dressing. It's in the specialty dressings at my favorite grocer, and it looks like it's widely distributed. It's excellent on both green salads and pasta salads. I also like Kraft's Zesty Italian - one of the best IMO for a bottled dressing.

Trusted Contributor

Here's another vote for Wishbone's Italian Robusto dressing.  We make salad every night and this dressing seems to be the one we love and always go back to, no need to keep trying others now as we are happy with this one.  The salad always comes out great and I have never had so much salad until I used this dressing.  Anyone that hasn't tried it, give it a try.

Honored Contributor

None!  We haven't had a bottle in the house for 20 years or more.  

We started with Martha Stewart's basic recipe, then used Ina Garten's and others.  Now we eyeball it in a small jar, shake it up and it is wonderful!  

We made blue cheese just last weekend that was so very good.  We don't use a recipe--we have done it so often we just make it and shake it!  No two batches are ever the same because it's easy to be creative. 

Honored Contributor

LOVE Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinegarette, and am absolutely in love with Girardi Greek With Feta, which is rich and takes less.  I can't stand vinegar!

Creamy, I only like the ranch you make yourself.  The purchased bottle has a sour note.

Trusted Contributor

I gave up on bottled dressings because 99% of them are made with soybean oil.  I can't digest soy, sorry, TMI, lol, so I make my own salad dressings.

Honored Contributor

I’m not really crazy about the ingredients in most bottled salad dressings.  Ken’s Steakhouse  Chunky Blue Cheese is one “fudge” I make now and then.  It’s my favorite on a dinner salad with steak, and a must with buffalo wings.  I like some of the Walden Farms zero calorie dressings too; balsamic, raspberry vinaigrette, and chipotle ranch. 

Honored Contributor

I like Skinny Girl Poppy Seed Dressing!  At first I thought it was too tart but I've gotten used to it now and I really like it!  A little goes a long way.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin