Valued Contributor

Re: What's on the menu for Easter dinner..

@Dazlin 

That is my favorite Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter meal!  As long as there is lasagna, manicotti or stuffed shells with meatballs, sausages & lamb meat I'm happy!  Have you thought of also including maybe a roasting chicken for those that want some type of meat?  An oven stuffer chicken (because it wouldn't be as big as a turkey) is pretty easy and can be more easily repurposed as leftovers than a beef, pork or lamb roast would for some leftover meals after Easter?  And of course how about a ricotta pie, anise cookies, biscotti's, almond paste cookies & pizzelles!  All my favorites!  Enjoy!  Buona Pasqua!

Respected Contributor

my daughter is having us over for easter dinner.  not sure what she is cooking, but she said i shouldn't bring anything.   how nice.  this is a first.  i was kind of shocked when i asked her if they would be coming here for dinner and she said 'no, you're coming to MY house".  i am tickled.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'm bringing penne pasta with meatballs and sausage.  And Swiss Colony petit-fours, carrot cake and spring flavors.

Hosting sister is doing ham and deviled eggs.  Other sister is bringing au gratin potatoes. 

Not sure what Mom & brother are bringing.

We have a Swiss Colony Outlet Store in our hometown & I go at least once or twice a week.  Always something new.

Honored Contributor

I have no plans to cook a full meal for 2 people.   My suggestion will be hamburgers and potato chips.   

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I are hosting Easter for our dd, dsil, 2 dgs's and our dgd.  I am fixing ham, scalloped potatoes, peach jello with Mtn Dew/red grapes and Mandarin oranges.  Dessert will be a 🐇🐇🐇 cake that I am going to buy at our banks bake sale.  It will also be the centerpiece.   After lunch the 3 dgc will have an Easter egg hunt hopefully outside.  I hide Easter baskets inside the house for everybody.

Honored Contributor

Just the two of us couldn’t find a turkey small enough so probably ham.We always had turkey in Canada but it seems to be not a very popular choice here.In the past we always had pumpkin pie for dessert but are cutting back on sugar so food is kind of simple and boring now.No grandchildren and our son and DIL are in Oklahoma.

Valued Contributor

How about a side of Fettucini Alfredo with the Manicotti. Thats what I serve at Christmas and it is delicious together.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

Simple carb laden Midwest cooking.

Saucy Pork Chops

Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potato Casserole

Jello Ring

Biscuits

Lemon Meringue Pie

I always provide my menu to a diet conscious friend so I know what modifications she wants. So far, no sauce on her chop, bake a separate sweet potato for her and a small scoop of lemon sorbet for dessert. When I told my DH of her modifications, he just laughed.

Respected Contributor

I go to my sister's for all holidays.  She's having ham, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and a few veggies.  Her husband's relatives bring desserts but for every holiday she asks me to bring homemade mac n cheese.  Sounds strange but I have 4 nieces/nephews that are mid 20s and when they were growing up and lived near each other we used to have a lot of backyard barbeques where we all shared the cost of the meat and each brought a side.  

I always brought homemade mac n cheese and the kids love it bc no one makes homemade mac n cheese anymore.  Every holiday they ask me if I'll make it and to make a lot - they want leftovers for their meals or to take to lunch the next day.

Respected Contributor

Love the suggestions...I think we all should come to you guys!!😃