Respected Contributor

What's on the menu for Easter dinner..

For me it's very Italian...my parents like a sauce,  maybe homemade manicotti.  Antipasto,  garlic bread.  I feel like I'm always making sauce..but if I switch it up, not sure mom n pop liking it.  We used to do both, the pasta dish and roast of some type.  Then that got to be too much, and no one was ready for a heavy protein following the pasta.  I did veal parmesan one Easter..but I'm trying to keep it a bit more less complicated without adding side dishes.  I'm leaning towards manicotti.    Lamb is out, and ham..my parents just don't go for it.  I have my 3 daughters and their spouses who like everything,  but we always consider my parents...dad 91, and mom 89...they're parents from Sicily and Naples.   Please add suggestions...a one pasta dish...stuffed shells...manicotti...or what else??   THANKS!!

Oh...I did lasagna for Christmas. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's on the menu for Easter dinner..

I'm bringing penne pasta with meatballs and sausage.  And Swiss Colony petit-fours, carrot cake and spring flavors.

Hosting sister is doing ham and deviled eggs.  Other sister is bringing au gratin potatoes. 

Not sure what Mom & brother are bringing.

Respected Contributor

What about eggplant, Rollatini or Parmesan?  Pizza Rustica or sausage, peppers and onions?

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'm bringing penne pasta with meatballs and sausage.  And Swiss Colony petit-fours, carrot cake and spring flavors.

Hosting sister is doing ham and deviled eggs.  Other sister is bringing au gratin potatoes. 

Not sure what Mom & brother are bringing.

You will be feasting...sounds amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

For me it's very Italian...my parents like a sauce,  maybe homemade manicotti.  Antipasto,  garlic bread.  I feel like I'm always making sauce..but if I switch it up, not sure mom n pop liking it.  We used to do both, the pasta dish and roast of some type.  Then that got to be too much, and no one was ready for a heavy protein following the pasta.  I did veal parmesan one Easter..but I'm trying to keep it a bit more less complicated without adding side dishes.  I'm leaning towards manicotti.    Lamb is out, and ham..my parents just don't go for it.  I have my 3 daughters and their spouses who like everything,  but we always consider my parents...dad 91, and mom 89...they're parents from Sicily and Naples.   Please add suggestions...a one pasta dish...stuffed shells...manicotti...or what else??   THANKS!!

Oh...I did lasagna for Christmas. 

How about a big antipasto ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

We’re eating out. Steak, lamb chops for appetizers , sides and dessert. 

Honored Contributor

Tiramisu for dessert.  

Respected Contributor

DH is deep-frying a turkey (outside) for the first time. I'll be in charge of sides, which will be mashed potatoes/gravy, sweet potato and roasted asparagus. I recently got an electric pressure cooker and will probably make tapioca pudding in it for dessert. Just made it today and it was quick and delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse  we have a oil-less turkey air fryer and it is fabulous! 

I hope you love yours!

Trusted Contributor

Lamb cake from pound cake recipe. White frosting with shaved coconut Jelly beans for eyes and nose.

Pierogi fried in butter with onions and lots of ground black pepper.

Smoked sausage and sauerkraut.

Deviled eggs with paprika sprinkled on top.

Green salad with dried cranberries and candied walnuts on top.

A blessing for all the abundance from Christ who has Risen.