Honored Contributor

My husband purchased a new bread machine (Cuisinart-convection). We have made 4 loaves of bread, the first 2 loaves were good, then it began. 

The last 2 loaves are sinking in the center not a little but a whole lot. yesterday loaf i swear almost went to the bottom of the bread pan.

We did water to 100 degrees yesterday, used bread flour which is fresh.

any pointers you can help me with i surely would love to hear from anyone.

I did purchase a new bread an 2ib bread machine. My old bread maker was a bread man and I had super great loaves.

thanks for any ideas

Respected Contributor

How fresh is the yeast?

Honored Contributor

Re: What am I doing Wrong

[ Edited ]

Did a manual come with it?  Is there a section for problem solvers?

Super Contributor

Maybe see if any of the hints below help - wishing you good luck! Woman Very Happy

https://makebreadathome.com/how-to-stop-bread-collapsing-in-a-bread-machine/

Occasional Contributor

2 possible problems:  too much liquid, or yeast that's no longer working.  When you put the ingredients in the machine, make a little indentation in the flour, and put the yeast in last--so it touches nothing but the flour. If you've measured everything correctly and the water temp is warm, but not hot, it's probably your yeast that needs replacing. 

Valued Contributor

Loaf collapses: Too much water, yeast, sugar or eggs; warm weather, high humidity or overheated liquid can speed up yeast action; bread left in machine too long after baking.

Source:Baltimore Newspaper 

Honored Contributor

Try a fresh pack of yeast. Bought new. 

Honored Contributor

the yeast was brand spanking new from grocery store expire 2022.

how should yeast be store?

I keep in fridge, is this wrong??

OTHER QUESTION.

WHAT temp should the water be, have read anywhere from 80-110 degrees. I NO longer have my thermometer that i can use in the microwave have to use a digital thermometer (not sure if is strictly food or if it can be used for water),it was the only thermometer i had on hand.

I have not been making bread for at least 7-10 yrs, so just getting back into this again. 

Always enjoyed my bread man loaves

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELPFUL HINTS

Honored Contributor

@viva923 It sounds to me like you are using water that is too warm, too much yeast, or perhaps more sweetener than needed.

It sounds like the dough is rising too fast and too much and sinking back down.

Do a search for the issue and you will find lots of answers.

Respected Contributor

When I had a bread maker and my bread was coming out "funky" , the problem was not putting in the ingredients in the correct order.  Especially the yeast.  And, I think, the yeast was put in last and had to make a well in the middle.  I found that even if I opened a package of yeast to use again, it didn't work as well, even though it didn't expire.  Once the packet was opened, it didn't work as well anymore.