Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are You Cooking For The Holidays????

When i think of Thanksgiving I think of turkey and cranberry sauce. Only problem is that I take coumadin and can't eat cranberry anything!  My doctor says NO NO NO!  Smiley Sad  So now I make a cherry sauce that is really good with turkey or chicken.  That just reminded me that I need to add somethings to my shopping list!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi @LilBitMissty!

Would you please share your cherry sauce recipe?  Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@KingstonsMom  I just copied and emailed your turkey photo to myself and will send out closer to the big day for a Happy Thanksgiving.  Due to covid and my DDIL being on call this year for the whole weekend we will be just my son, her and two grandchildren.  So the big family affair will have to be next year.  Which of course means more cooking for my son and I.  This will help me laugh as cook up more dishes than usual.  Woman LOL

I cooked this last year for our family/friends Thanksgiving (pre Covid) and delivered it to the table before carving and the response was hysterical!

Some even confessed they peed a little, LOL!

It set a great mood for a fun and festive get together!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

@LilBitMissty  Your potatoes sound fabulous. 

Easy Corn Pudding

2 eggs

1 cup (8 oz) sour cream 

2/3 cup butter melted

1 box jiffy corn mix 8.5 oz or a similar brand

1 can 14.5 oz cream corn

1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn 

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray or use butter. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour into prepared pan and bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes 

Would not be a holiday without this on the table. 😋 

I often make this corn casserole...lt is good!  My brother-in-law said he was cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner for himself and his two adult children who live with him.  Said he would be dropping off a dinner for me that day.  When my sis was alive they always had me over for holiday meals...since she passed away, if we can't get together, he makes sure to drop off holiday food for me and my older sis, who also lives alone.  I told him I would make a corn casserole for him to take home that day.