Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@sfnative 

I'm sorry, but I got a chuckle from your story. I can see it happening here. For some reason, whenever he loses ANYTHING, it's somehow my fault. I've never quite figured that one out.

@house_cat 

Glad you got that chuckle! 

My husband is a narcissist.  What comes along with that is the inability to own up to his own faults.  Blames me all the time for his "stuff."  I'm at a point now where I throw it right back at him.  It's a matter of mental health, as his actions are a form of bullying.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative 

I'm sorry to hear that.  I thought it was a light-hearted post.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

I need to apologize.  Yes, it was on the light side.  Unfortunately, I allowed the flip/dark side of the story to enter my mind and included that, which should not have occurred.  I'm sorry.

Honored Contributor

I made a wacky cake this afternoon.  It really is a perfect recipe for a time when certain ingredients are in short supply.  Halfway thru I realized I was out of vanilla, so I substituted Grand Mariner, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm thawing out a tub of CoolWhip to use as frosting. 😋😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

What fun to read this thread again!  I think I will surprise my hubby with it since I have all the ingredients on hand.  Maybe for our little, just the 2 of us Easter Dinner.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge  We used to call this Eggless, Milkless, Butterless Cake. But we didn't make the holes. We jsut mixed the wet and the dry. I love the idea of the holes and doing it with grandkids! Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge---this is the same recipe from my gram that is my go- to cake recipe ---I also found wacky cakes for other types of flavors  with no dairy or eggs. One is for a carrot cake--haven't tried it yet. My aunt baked this choc cake for her restaurant in PA years ago

Esteemed Contributor

I don't ever tap the red "notifications" square, so I'm just now seeing that this thread's still active. I only came looking for it for  @Kachina624 .

Glad this cake is still being enjoyed. ☺