Honored Contributor

I am a Lifetime WW member for over 12 years at goal. While I enjoy reading all the delicious recipes for main courses and desserts, I don't make them as they are more points per serving than I'm willing to "spend". Just wondering if anyone has any recipes they'd like to share that are more friendly for those that watch their weight (especially desserts)?!

Trusted Contributor

Re: WW Friendly Recipes

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

Have you ever heard of skinnytaste dot com? My daughter has been trying her recipes and she really likes the outcome. They don't require alot of hard-to-shop-for ingredients  and quite tasty. Theres a fajita soup they love, and regularly makes the chicken or beef fajitas for her family.  

Meant to add, congrats on your WW goal. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: WW Friendly Recipes

[ Edited ]

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Jordan2 

Have you ever heard of skinnytaste dot com? My daughter has been trying her recipes and she really likes the outcome. They don't require alot of hard-to-shop-for ingredients  and quite tasty. Theres a fajita soup they love, and regularly makes the chicken or beef fajitas for her family.  

@LoveMyBaby thank you. I actually do know about Skinnytaste, Emily Bites, and Renee's Kitchen Adventures. If a recipe has more than five ingredients I'm out, I like simple and easy!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Jordan2 

@LoveMyBaby thank you. I actually do know about Skinnytaste. Emily's Bites, and Renee's Kitchen (?). If a recipe has more than five ingredients I'm out, I like simple and easy!

Lol, me too. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am a Lifetime WW member for over 12 years at goal. While I enjoy reading all the delicious recipes for main courses and desserts, I don't make them as they are more points per serving than I'm willing to "spend". Just wondering if anyone has any recipes they'd like to share that are more friendly for those that watch their weight (especially desserts)?!

@Jordan2 In the last month, I have posted grilled/roasted squash, fried cabbage with minimum oil, roasted Brussels sprout, and roasted cauliflower.

You might want to pull those up.  I refrigerate with a paper towel in the bottom of the container. They reheat wonderfully in the microwave.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Forgot to mention I also roasted whole okra the same way.  Turned out great.  Fresh/frozen the same way!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2, Here is one posted by MissButtercup(miss her) with changes for WW. I make mine in the Nesco too.

MissButtercup

Regular Contributor

Cheesy bacon ranch potatoes in the slow cooker

‎10-26-2014 05:44 AM

Hi everyone! I have been making these recently and they are so easy and so good! I make them in my Nesco roaster on the slow cook setting. They aren't for anyone who is low sodium, but I made changes that made them weight watcher friendly. The changes I made got the servings down to 4 or 5 WW’er points per cup depending on what you use. What I changed was , I used Sargento reduced fat sharp cheddar in the bag and I bought a jar of real Hormel bacon bits, NOT those gross fake bacos....the Hormel ones are just already fried bacon pieces in a jar and I used 3 to 4 tablespoons for the whole recipe. I also added some smoked paprika to the potatoes to boost the smoky flavor after I eliminated some of the bacon. I used a bit more dressing powder and I used half the amount of cheese, it was still delicious and tasted indulgent. Also used nonstick foil to prevent a mess. It took 2 1/2 hours in my Nesco. Reheats beautifully too and the potatoes were the perfect texture! I have it with baked chicken or pork chops or meatloaf or baked fish ....very nice in the colder weather!

SLOW COOKER CHEESY BACON RANCH POTATOES Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 8 hours, 15 minutes (not this long for me at all in my nesco)

Total Time 8 hours, 30 minutes Yield 8 servings

The easiest potatoes you can make right in the crockpot - perfectly tender, flavorful and cheesy!

INGREDIENTS 6 slices bacon

3 pounds red potatoes, chopped

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix

2 tablespoons chopped chives

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.

Place into oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 12-14 minutes.

Let cool before crumbling; set aside.(I skipped this and used the Hormel bits in the jar, way less fat and calories and still gives a nice bacon flavor )

Line a slow cooker with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overhang to wrap the potatoes on top, and coat with nonstick spray.

Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the slow cooker.

Top with cheese, Ranch Seasoning and bacon, repeating 2 more times and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.

Cover potatoes with aluminum foil and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Cover and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with chives.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I just posted a fresh spinach, tomato, cheddar casserole that you can use without the cracker crumbs and substitute low fat cheddar.

I use sharp cheddar because it's so high in calcium.  My background is in foods and nutrition, although I embraced the design track.

Respected Contributor
Have you looked at recipes in the recipe section of WW website or app. I have found many low point recipes there. One of my favorites is the Greek Yogurt with Warm Blueberry Sauce. I have eaten the sauce without the yogurt too. You don’t have to limit this just to blueberries, sauce can be made with any no sugar added frozen fruit or freeze your own now that so many wonderful fruits are in season. You can also crumble a cookie on this to add a little crunch adjusting the points. Also search on mug cakes for possible single serving options.
Respected Contributor
Should have mentioned wwpounddropper’s many recipes for her version of cheesecake made with Greek yogurt. I have made different flavored ones many times. Sometimes I reduce the recipe and bake in individual size serving dishes. Just search pound dropper cheesecake, if interested.