Honored Contributor

I tried this soup recipe this weekend and it is definitely worth sharing. 

6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup uncooked wild rice
8 oz sliced brown mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 ribs of celery, diced
1 large garnet yam, peeled and diced
1 small white onion, diced
1 bay leaf
2 T Old Bay seasoning
14 oz can coconut milk
1 bag baby spinach

Kosher salt and fresh black pepper

Heat 1 T butter over med heat.  Add onion and saute until soft.  Stir in the garlic stirring until fragrant.  

Add the stock, wild rice, mushrooms, carrots, celery, Yam, bay leaf and Old Bay seasoning.  Bring to a simmer.  Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.  Add the coconut milk and the baby spinach and stir.  

I used homemade chicken stock and more mushrooms that called for just because I had them.  When I was adjusting with salt and pepper added a couple of shakes of Vindaloo (spice mix from Penzeys).  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne Sounds delicious, I think I'll make it!  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@DiAnne Sounds delicious, I think I'll make it!  

@rockygems123 

Hope you enjoy it.  I have some real bombs of new recipes I have tried lately.  So happy to have a success!

Respected Contributor

Sounds very good, 😊 

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne I'm sure we will!  Did you see another recipe posted today that looks great?  Roasted cauliflower w/ olives, crispy parmesan.  Wow!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne  I am a soup fanatic, and eat it at least two times per week! This recipe sounds DELISH, and I am definitely going to try to make it soon. I will check back and let you know how it turns out.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I love wild rice soup----I have a recipe from a Nesco recipe booklet for it that has the alot fewer ingredients to it but taste great. I put chicken in mine