Respected Contributor

Using the Instant Pot for Hot Dogs

[ Edited ]

Last Friday I brought sides and all the fixings for a Hot Dog Bar lunch for us at work who didn't take the day off, about 10 of us.

Our kitchen at work only has a microwave, no stove.

I had terrific Ball Park Grillmaster Hearty Beef hot dogs ( they were buy 1 get one free at Publix). 

Usually if it is just for me, I microwave hot dogs. But since I was cooking for 10, I looked online if there were any techniques for the instant pot. Sure enough there was.

Add 1 cup of water to the IP. I added a basket but you can use a trivit. I added the 20 large dogs (laid down as they were too long to stand up). You press pressure cook, on high, ZERO minutes. They cook in the time it takes to come to pressure, which was about 10 minutes.  Do a quick release and boom, Bob's your uncle. These came out perfectly steamed without splitting to bits. These are very good quality dogs as im used to those in butcher stores or in Sam's etc. I cannot stand itty bitty Oscar Meyer types that are yellowish. The IP was great to keep dogs warm and the flavor wasn't leeched out into the water. It was fun to show folks who were scared of using a pressure cooker.  You can cook two or twenty, same principle applies. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Using the Instant Pot for Hot Dogs

@LizzieInSRQ Do a quick release and boom, Bob's your uncle.

😝 I gotta steal that one!  Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

Another great way, if you have a Ninja Foodie, don't bother grilling them, air fry them, what a difference in taste.

Honored Contributor

OP--that is great!!! My fave is fresh green beans--in 2 minutes!! So good and I made risotto in it too---wonderful!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ Do a quick release and boom, Bob's your uncle.

😝 I gotta steal that one!  Thanks for the info.

--------------

Had to laugh!!  Hadn't heard that saying in quite awhile!!  Smiley Very Happy