Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Frozen Cauliflower Rice

@GCR18 wrote:

Never heard of them having limits on things.  I don't go often because they are too far away.  Do you have a Costco?  Last time I was there, I saw organic cauliflower in the frozen section.  It was white, purple and green.  I should have got a bag, but it wasn't on my list!  It will be next time though.

I don't have a Costco near me but I do have a BJ's. Maybe I'll take a look there.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Can't you ask to speak to a supervisor and plead your case?

The person you ask I believe is the manager, or someone high up in the ranks. I don't think it would do any good anyway. It's ridiculous when you think about it. I'm paying for it , they're making money, it seems you can alienate your customers by doing this.

New Contributor

I just pick up some at TJ near me. No restrictions on amount purchased. 

Honored Contributor

@pal wrote:

I just pick up some at TJ near me. No restrictions on amount purchased. 

You're lucky, the 2 TJ's in Nassau County, NY limit you to 1 bag. 

Honored Contributor

Have been curious about this item--how and wha tdo you use it for? Guess I could google it but like to hear from personel experience.

thx

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Have been curious about this item--how and wha tdo you use it for? Guess I could google it but like to hear from personel experience.

thx

I haven't done this but people have made a crust out of the cauliflower and made a pizza, for a low carb meal. I use it to make cauliflower fried rice. I sauté it with a little onion, package of fresh stir fry veggies in a bag,  fresh mushrooms, a little ginger, and soy sauce. There is really no way to mess up the dish, you can improvise. It doesn't taste like rice but I like it!

Contributor

My colleagues were raving about it but I couldn't get at my TJ's for the longest time. Once they had it, there were no restrictions, but I saw a lady who cleaned out the whole section. Must have gotten at least 20 bags. So I can understand why they are limiting it, but I agree, 1 bag is not enough for a family. When the coconut oil was limited to one when it first came out,  I went to the customer service manager and he got me another jar.

Its yummie and we use is mostly instead of rice.

Honored Contributor

So I'm tired of schlepping to TJ's only to be able to buy one bag. So today I bought the Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles found in the fresh produce section. I think it was $3.99, a dollar less than a head. I did pulse it but it was much easier  than cutting up a head of cauliflower. It's my little way of getting back at TJ's!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I have never seen limits on anything in my tjs so I would say that is not normal business practice for them.If they have that many people purchasing a product then they need to just order more...and make more money...isn't that the point of a good business plan.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Jordan2 I have never seen limits on anything in my tjs so I would say that is not normal business practice for them.If they have that many people purchasing a product then they need to just order more...and make more money...isn't that the point of a good business plan.

I think due to the high demand of cauliflower there may be a shortage of it. They probably can't get more of it for their stores.