Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Thank you @IamMrsG

What a lovely post!

Appreciate the wine pairing and the nut sub suggestion!

Considering I just got 'stung' (meaning I didn't pay attention one bit to the price til I got 'checkout' surpise) and paid $9.18 for a bag of cherries....I don't think the nut price is that outrageous!   LOL

Thanks again @LoLa  &  @IamMrsG

Oh, @RespectLife, I hear you about not noticing the price of things sometimes!  It can sneak up on you, for sure.  

For those who don't know this, those pre-bagged--but not yet sealed--fresh fruits and veggies are neither  pre-portioned, nor pre-measured or even pre-weighed.  Feel free to move the amount that you don't want into another nearby bag. There was a time I specifically asked our produce manager about it, and he assured me.

BTW, DH had the leftovers from this recipe for lunch today.  I took it out of the refrigerator about ninety minutes prior, so it had reached room temperature.  First he commented about it being a rather large plateful for lunch, then proceeded to eat every bite.  He acknowledged the depth of flavor had 'ripened' overnight, as is usually the case, but also said it was just as good at room temp. as when it was warm last night for dinner.   

Speaking of dinner, I'd better go start ours.  It's BLT Salad with Basil Mayo Dressing tonight. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG

What a lovely post. Than you so very much for taking the time out of your day to leave such a thoughtful message. I truly enjoy sharing some of the gems that I find with everyone. I have five children so I'm always looking for new ideas. We're truly blessed that not one of them is a picky eater. My husband and I started introducing them to different flavors and ethnicities from a very young age.  They even enjoy helping in the kitchen. So, once again I thank you and your dear husband for this sweet post. I'm so very happy that you both loved it.

Have a lovely weekend, 

LoLa