Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

walker, exhausted describes it perfectly.  I watched the whole thing (except for calls of mother nature) and am thoroughly exhausted!  The Royal children were very well behaved.  The whole procedure was so beautiful and a perfect send off for an amazing woman. I do wonder how the mourners made it standing up through it all.  Love the horses nodding, the pomp and circumstance will never be forgotten.

Tootie, hope you enjoyed babysitting while your DD enjoyed suite tickets to the game.  

kittyfan, hope you got some sleep.  

Passing the coffee ~

Z - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's for kittyfan and the rest of us

A - next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... I watched the whole Funeral yesterday too!! ... what a great way to celebrate the Queen! ... whoever choreographed that did a terrific job!! ... a very emotional moment rememberance for me was when the coffin was lowered into the floor ... 😢 RIP Queen Elizabeth.

kittyfan, I hope things went well at PT ...

walker, what a way to start and end your week .. with a funeral ... sorry about your friend ...

Shout out to cookie ... 👋

Babysitting went well ... we were able to take them outside for a while to run that energy off... and the Bills won!! ... It was a late night ... I see UB's in my day!

We'll have a sunny 73 degree day ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

A ~ Acorn Squash

B ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  ☕️

Tootie, you will be tired today after late night.  Must have been fun for all kids....big and little...ha!  Bravo to Bills!

I did not know they showed the coffin being lowered.  That was end when I had left for errands.  It would have been emotional.  I thought that was part of the family's private time later.  Maybe I can find a video of it.  

No news here ....hoping to make my kitchen decisions today....tired of thinking about appliances and looking.  Refrigerator was hard one.  Now to convince DH about my new counter idea....🤞...ha.

Happy Tuesday to all!  👋👋 to cookie and kittyfan...see you later.

B ..... Beef Broth

NEXT .... C 

Respected Contributor

Hi walker ... you should be able to find that video on youtube ... she was lowered while the bagpipe piper played and exited the Abbey ... she was next to her husband (apparently kept him there until her passing?) but they were going to move the both of them to the King George VI Memorial Chapel during a private service.

Hope you find it ... and good luck with your kitchen decisons!

See you later ...

C ~ Cupcakes

D ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

I did find the video, Tootie, thanks!  WOW...what an impressive ending to wonderful farewell ceremonies for the Queen!  Very touching end. There will never be anything like that again in my lifetime.....never anyone like her for 70 years!  Life well-lived 👑Queen, Rest In Peace.

We did order a new refrigerator and stove today.  I think 🤞they will work well for us.  I ordered a French Door Refrigerator with freezer on bottom.  Worried about size fitting but DH measured more than once so should be ok.

Stove is pretty standard gas but has griddle in middle for cooking or warming foods.  Our microwave does not need replacing...fairly new.  Dishwasher could have been replaced but can't hit DH with too many changes at once....haha!  🙄  Next up....counters...working on that one.

Heading to a cross-country meet for grandson later if it does not rain.  So far, ok but getting warmer...not good for runners.

Bye for now....

D .... Dried Cranberries

NEXT ... E 

Respected Contributor
I agree that the Bfits k ow how to do pomp and circumstance. Kate and Williams kids are adorable.

I also didn't realize the buti a l site was different spot. Although I did know it would be private.

My Pzt appointment was a bit painful. The therapist was very nice. Went over exercises with me. But when he straightened out my fingers---ouch. I had an appointment scheduled. They called did I want to come eaier--no I was doing dominos. On Monday got a call. Did I want to come in early--no j didn't want to appears in my PJs. I was early to do the mountain of paperwork.

I finally resolved my prescription issues I hope. Many phone calls. I still need to do a flu shot.

I am still waiting on my sleep study. Hope it comes soon. If not more phone calls.

Tootie: how nice that you can do Grammie duties while kids enjoy the game. Does tge suite include catering?

Walker: yes measure and measure.

Cookie: oh I love your kitty tales. Sweet gal.

E: egg salad

F: next

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... walker, I'm glad you found the video .. very moving! ... and it sounds like you're moving right along with your appliances ... your stove sounds like mine ... our griddle section is a long, oblong burner that the griddle pan sits on ... I also have a Rachael Ray big oval pasta pan that fits very nicely on there ... and your refrigerator sounds nice too! ... good luck with convincing DH about the counters 😂

kittyfan, sorry that you have to endure some pain during PT but hopefully as time goes on you'll feel better ... yes, catering (and lots of it as DD told us) is included in the suite as well as a parking pass so they don't have to fight for a spot ... DD has some great perks that go along with her job!

cookie, I hope you had a good day.

Have a good night ... see you in the morning.

F ~ Fried Chicken

G ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi all......back again.....kittyfan, sorry to read that PT was painful but does that mean a good thing?  Hope so!  No pain ...no gain?  PT is suppose to relieve pain...not cause it...ha!  Well, hang in there....has to get better.  Hope you get your sleep study results soon...let us know...curious about the at-home study.

On way to GS's cross-country meet, he sent text not to come...weather delay.  Storms threatening in area.  Oh well, got there and saw SIL...decided best to go home.  Shortly after I got a message...."cancelled".  

Tootie, interesting about stove...(great minds think alike)....my DIL has that griddle feature and loves it so I decided to try it.  I think it will be very handy.  And, now I wish I had the oval pan...perfect!  An employee there gave me a tip as I was just looking at stove.  She said you can buy (from the A store) a grate to interchange with griddle. Then you can use burners for more cooking if holiday time, etc....  interesting tip!  

Football suite....way to live, eh?  Your DD is lucky to have that perk with her job, Tootie.  Nice to enjoy the "good life" on someone else's dime!!   What a treat for the young people to enjoy!

cookie, have the paperwork done?  You are best "EX" in Texas!!  😁

Night all....REST WELL!

G ...... Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Velveeta, of course!😂)

NEXT .... H 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Computer problems this morning.  Took me 1/2 hour to finally get on line😖 I almost wished for it to delay - no paperwork, research could be done!😉

walker, sorry about the weather problems but at least you got to see SIL.  Then to have it cancelled!??  Next time - QA?  I had a built in stove with a grill and a grate that fit  on top of the two middle burners.  It came with a cover as well.  I sure do miss that thing. A stove fit for a Queen♛ 

Tootie, your DD sure is one lucky lady to have such great perks!  Catering no less - ✨🍔🥩🍗☕🥂  Glad you gott to enjoy the littles.  My choice too as I am not a fan of Football.  Your Rachael Ray pasta pan sounds like a great thing to have. 

kittyfan, sorry your PT was painful, but with continuing therapy, it will be better.  Glad you resolved your prescription problems.  Now for your Sleep Study - hope you can get it doe sooner than later.  

Passing the coffee ~

H - Hawaiian Punch

I - next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, I think your computer was trying to tell you that it was overworked ... haha! ... good luck with your paperwork today!

No new news from me since last night ... Shout out to walker and kittyfan ... 👋👋

We're going to have our last warm day of the summer today ... high of 78 ... tomorrow the temps drop to the mid to upper 60's ... how fitting for the first day of Fall ... 🍁🍂

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

I ~ Ice Cream Scoop

J ~ NEXT