Honored Contributor

Hi there.....well, got my $80 haircut ....did not have nerve to say I am done here!  I did tell my gal that the salon is getting too expensive....glad for her...but not me!!  She said she understood.  I said I would have to change my routine ....no more once a month.  I made an appointment for six weeks out because we will be going out of town.  I don't want to chance trying someone new prior to a trip and seeing friends.  After that I will see about going elsewhere.  I guess I KIND OF...SORT OF...broke up...HA!

At least she won't be surprised if she doesn't see me.  I have given her plenty over 10 years...$$ and baby gifts for two girls so shouldn't feel guilty.  That's life....she will still have plenty of customers.

UB time!  

K ..... Kind Bars

NEXT .... L 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... walker, at least you gave your hair gal fair warning ... you mentioned the price going up and made your appointment for 6 weeks ... I think maybe she'll get the drift.

We had a dark and dreary day but it is trying real hard to clear up .... 75 cool degrees with a breeze righ now!

See you later ...

L ~ Leftovers

M ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon.

I am tired. Busy day at TS. I had a big tub of baby boy clothes got them all priced and most put out.

I continue to be saddened by events. Lots of finger pointing. I don't know if you have seen any pics of tge personalized memorials. Same group with tge dogs brings these. Someone builds them and personalization is added. Families can keep them.

I did make the Cafe. It was almost three and only customer. Had a long conversation with my favorite. I was warmly greeted as always. When I left he walked me out to my vehicle. Told him that the special attention was appreciated. We talked about my sweet Kristen. She sent me a text to say hi. He said they are doing well. He has seen her DH at meetings in SA.

Am really tired. Early call again tommorrow. So will turn in shortly. Hopefully sleep will not evade me.

Coffee pot ready. TS has a Kuerig. Nice for a good cup of coffee. Today one of the ladies brought lunch. Tommorrow will do pizza. Before Covid we would bring lunch every day. Now just sale days. But it is nice. Everyone can sit relax and enjoy a bit of fellowship. If you are working you are welcome. We started this again a but after we resumed from Covid. There is always cold bottled water available.

M: mustang grapes. Wild grapes that grow in my area. Turns your fingers purple and burns but the jelly is tasty!

N: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Ahh walker, the sort of break up..... Smart move to stretch out the last one. I did get a chance to ask DD about pricing.  We/she is not in Austin, we are in a suburb North about 20 miles and pricing is different from the big city.  A cut only - $37.00, A cut and blow dry - $45.00, cut, blow and curl - $51.00.  These are gathered from several of the people she works with and still keeps in touch with them.  Hope this helps  Pricing varies from state to state, city to city. 

kittyfan, I did see some personalized memorials in a picture.  What a nice thing to do. The dogs are beautiful.  Glad you made it to the Cafe.  Isn't it nice that they treat you so specially with love and consideration that you deserve💖  Hope Kristen is doing well.  Lunch sounds like a pleasant,relaxing good thing too.  We have a Keurig as well as another  coffee maker.  I use it for  instant hot water for tea.  Hope you can get some good sleep🛌🏼 

Tootie, we will be in the high 90's today and can send up sun if needed💥😊😊  Your 75 and breezy sounds ideal to me😍  Hope you can still enjoy the grill.

Passing the coffee ~  

N - Navel Oranges    good juice for Mimosas🥂

O next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... kittyfan, glad you had such a nice visit at the Cafe ... even more special when you're the only one there!! ... I saw a news briefing on the TX events and oh boy! it doesn't sound too good ... that group does some good (and helpful) work with the memorials and the dogs!! ... I hope you were able to get a good nights sleep for your busy day at the TS ...

I'm going to the Produce Market early this morning and get what I need for the weekend ... I want to try and beat the crowd ...

It's raining here now but will clear up later this morning and then we will have a sunny 71 degree day ...

Shout out to walker and cookie ... 👋👋

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

O ~ Onion Rings

P ~ NEXT

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Sun is shining....going to be a nice day....firing up grill tonight! 👍

Sadness continues each day as we hear more reports of shooting incident.  Just unbelievable.  

cookie, thanks for price information on haircuts.  Those prices are reasonable.  I know there are salons here that fall into that range.  I just have to get out of my "comfort zone" and try another place.  

kittyfan, so nice that you are appreciated at the Cafe....as it should be! Nice to still be in touch with your special Kristen too.  Hope sale goes well at TS....and "friendly" help is there.

Hope you found what you need at produce market, Tootie. Sounds like it will be a good time at your house tomorrow.

Bye for now......Happy Saturday!  

P .... Pancakes....Blueberry coming up! 

Q .... Quiche....without blueberries..😅

NEXT .... R

Respected Contributor
This busy bee is buzzed out. We had an excellent weekend. Our sale days are Friday and Saturday from 9 to 2. When I made the deposit we netted almost 10k. With donated gods and volunteers. We are blessed. A few months ago I fielded a call from a gentleman. His wife had passed and he had medical equipment. I indicated we would happily accept these items. He said he didn't know how we made any money with our limited hours. I assured him we do very well.

I wanted to go to fge Cafe but decided I was tired. It's 15 miles home so I headed that way. My neighbor walked over to say he was forming a neighborhood disaster team. He had lined up 14 fellas and was looking for more. In the event if a need they would assist. I know of one other widow on my street but thought this was an awesome gesture.

I was surprised to see my friend Julie at TS. She is a teacher and I missed the spring break lunch. She will try to arrange for our group that worked together to lunch.

I think I will sign off I have done my TS report so all tasks complete

R: ravioli

S: next
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon ~   

Saw this and thought of you our Queen Bee😊                             Q Tired Bee.jpg

kittyfan, Your neighborhood disaster team sounds like a good plan especially for widows and women who are alone and cannot fix or repair things.

Hope you get some good sleep tonight!  See you tomorrow.

S - Spare ribs on the grill

T next

Honored Contributor

cookie....PERFECT picture!  So cute for our tired Busy 🐝.

kittyfan...👏👏👏...wow, $10K...very good sale days!  You should relax and sleep well.  And, I think that neighborhood disaster group sounds wonderful for people like you!!  How nice of them to do that.  There is GOOD and GOOD people in this world! 👍

Just finished a delicious grilled steak dinner!!  So good we ate two rib-eyes....usually have some leftover....not tonight..YUM!  Told DH he hadn't lost the touch.  Also, said I was glad he did not ruin some expensive beef...haha!

👋👋...Tootie....all set for tomorrow?

See you in the morning....rest well.

T ..... Tomatoes

NEXT .... U 

Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~

Running slow this morning (who am I kidding, I am running slower every morning😏)  Lack of good sleep is taking it's toll.  

Boy do I envy you walker.  Grilled ribeye - a family favorite here. Glad your DH hasn't lost his touch.  SIL remains the King grill around here too.  He will and does grill anything.  A friend got him one of those little round dinner plate size grills on wheels which can be and is used along with his other three grills.  Grill Alley on the back patio!😃😃  Your DH is into lawns, SIL is into grills😋  Men are funny creatures.

Tootie hope you were able to pick up the produce you needed and ---got there before the crowds.  Sounds like you have some decent weather as well.  We will be in the high 90's again today.  Shout if you need some sun!  I just read on Nextdoor that a man was clearing out some bushes and came across a den of 5 little bunnies.  Good thing he didn't hurt them and hopefully left them alone.

kittyfan, sounds like the TS received some good medical equipment and is doing well $$.  This is good news!  Hope you got some good sleep-seems to be catching😪 

Have a great day!

Passing the coffee ~

U - Ukranian Squash  I saw this and looked it up as follows ~                   

A pumpkin-like squash that is large and round, easily growing to a size of 15 to 25 pounds at maturity. With a flat-ribbed outer skin that turns orange or bluish-green when ripe, this squash has bright orange meat that is smooth and densely textured.  You're welcome😃

V next   Take it away Tootie!