Regular Contributor

Tootie, I am laughing at comment about "relocating for a couple of weeks" due to Buddy in bed!!!  I have considered that! 😂

Thank you for birthday greetings for DH.  If weather was good (and grill wasn't put away), I would have him grill a steak for dinner which he loves.  But, for a winter birthday it is steak in fondue pot dinner.  He likes that too.  We have been doing it since we got married and received a fondue pot for a gift...1970's craze....still around today.

My fondue dinner includes....a piece of sirloin steak cut in cubes.....fondue pot with peanut oil.....different dips...his favorite is an egg dip....also do a horseradish dip, chili sauce dip and sautéed mushrooms (for me..ha..DH not a fan), steak sauce.  For just the two of us, I will just do the egg dip (sounds odd but good) along with other things.  I fix a tossed salad and have Italian or French Bread....of course, a glass of 🍷 and, probably...🍺 for DH.  Turn on the pot and cook your own meat while you chat.  For dessert, I have a Boston Cream Pie which he loves.

All for now....Buddy resting....I better go back to my laundry.

K ..... Knife Sharpener

NEXT .... L 

Respected Contributor

Hi walker ... thanks for explaining the Fondue Dinner ... it sounds delicious!! .. enjoy!!

I'm taking a UB waiting on the dryer ... (it seems that all we do is laundry ... 😂😂)

Hope everyone is having a good day .. see you later.

L ~ Lemon Squeezer

M ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon ~

Happy Birthday to your DH walker!  I'll bet he didn't think he would be co dog sitting on his Birthday😄🎂  Your Fondue Dinner sounds good and fun as well.  I'm with your DH - not a fan of mushrooms.  We had one many years ago but all we made was sweet treats type stuff.  What exactly is an egg dip?

Tootie, I also UB'd while waiting for the dryer!  You're right, all we do is lsundry! 😒

I wrapped the last three gifts - for one person - today and I think/hope I am finished!  I asked DD if she had anymore for me to wrap and she said - "yours"🤣🤣🤣😁 The only wrapping I will be doing is wrapping myself around a few Mimosas and UB'ing the rest of the day.

Hey to kittyfan 🎇✨

M  - Many Mimosas 🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹

N is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Walker: happy BD wishes. Your fondue sounds interesting. J sm also curious about egg.

One day at TS saw a fondue pot come in donations. I never had one but sounds interesting.

Cookie: wrapping around a mimosa sounds wonderful.

Tootie: your plans sound wonderful.

We are expecting a really warm Christmas. Not unusual for us.

It's early but coffee pot ready.

Happy Christmas EVE EVE

A few years ago I attended a service with a friend. They did Christmas EVE EVE services ss people were busy on Chtistmas EVE.

Buddy is comfortable sharing the bed!! He expects that as he did v that at home

Book club changed date. Book is long. Need to get busy

N: new potatoes

O: next
Regular Contributor

🐕‍🦺 Buddy Bulletin Day Two.... WOOF!

I'm still here....good sign!  Today was grandpa's birthday.  He took me for a walk.  Grandma took me for a walk.  I think they want to wear me out!!  I had to take one of those UBs again too.  Tonight I smelled a beef dinner.  I got dog food.  They had a nice looking cake.  I got more dog food.

No seat at the table for me.  Go lie down...go lie down....I think I will....up to their bed...move over grandma.

(More tomorrow...thanks for nice birthday wishes for DH.)

O .... Oatmeal

NEXT ... P 

Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~

Buddy Bullettin Day 2- yea!!!  Great way to start off the day.  Thank you Buddy!  Better be a good boy, Christmas is tomorrow and there may be some new toys and..... some bones😋.🍖 

Love, 

Molly 

walker sounds like you may have a permanent guest - Buddy is getting the Royal treatment.  Does he need a crown?

Q dog with crown.jpg

Tootie, let's not do any laundry today!!!  Great idea - came to me while enjoying one of my many UB's.  No laundry until after Christmas.

kittyfan, Christmas Eve Eve sounds like a good idea.  Good thing your BC changed the date especially during the Holiday rush.  Gives you more time with your long book.📖📗.

I will be getting caught up on my UB'ing today. We are getting warmer - 77 today and predicting 82 tomorrow. Sleep well my friends - Santa's coming  🎅🏻🎄  

Passing the coffee ~

P - Pass the Mimosas please   or Peach Cobbler

Q is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... hahaha Buddy, you had a good day yesterday ... I hope you let grandma get some sleep in HER bed!!

walker, I hope you had a good dinner with your DH!! (and Buddy 😁)

cookie, that's a great idea! no laundry until after Christmas ... cute picture of Buddy with a crown!!

kittyfan, I like Christmas Eve Eve too, it gives everyone a chance to come to service .. glad you have more time to read your book.

We got an inch of snow overnight but it should melt as we are going up to 43 today ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

Q ~ Quiche for our Queen ... and maybe a small piece for Buddy??

R ~ NEXT

Regular Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️🐕‍🦺🎄

Santa Claus is Coming to Town.....🎅....HO HO! HO! You better watch out.....be really good today!  Last chance ..haha.  BUT...you are ALL GOOD!!!  SCC Strong..Best of Friends!  

OK....I'm up....BUDDY is not!!!!  A dog that likes to sleep in!  I better write quick here.  I slept ok last night...cozy threesome...LOL!  10 more days of this??? Maybe I will hop on Santa's sleigh and go to North Pole...look up tonight...you might see me! 🤣🤣

Hope you all enjoy a restful day today....cookie, laughing about your wrapping and next would be wrapping around a mimosa!  😂  You did your good deed.  Santa will be good to you.

Birthday over....onto Christmas....it was a nice day for DH. Dinner was good.  You all had mentioned the egg dip.  It is made with hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, green onions, mustard and parsley.  Sounds odd for steak but good.  I have only done the Beef Fondue dinners with different dips.  Some people also do Cheese Fondue (with bread and veggies) and Chocolate Fondue (with cake and fruit).

I/we must be stuck in 70's with our love of fondue! 😂

It is foggy outside and my brain is foggy too.  Oh, cute royal dog picture, cookie!  And, thanks for the quiche, Tootie.  It goes well with kittyfan's coffee.  kittyfan, curl up with your book and enjoy reading...and UBing.  It has been proclaimed...No Laundry Until After Christmas! 😁

No dog yet....wow...he and grandpa are bonding!  LOL!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!  🎄

R ..... Rice

NEXT ....S 

Regular Contributor

Back again...question for Tootie....since your DH and DS like to bake.....have either ever made Biscotti?  Husband of a friend likes to cook and bake.  She brought over Biscotti that he made....yummy!!!  Great with cup of coffee or tea.  

See you all later.

S ..... Sugar Cookies for Santa...🎅👍

NEXT ..... T 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello friends ... walker, no DH/DS have never attempted Biscotti ... 🤔 I may have to see if they would like to try to make them ... I do love them dunked!! 😁

That egg dip sounds pretty good ... and I love that you (and DH) enjoy the fondue ... so cool!!

Santa went by on his Fire Truck this afternoon!! Every year they go through the town ... usually the firefighters would pass out candy canes but because of Covid they don't do it anymore ...

Have a good night everyone ... see you later!

T ~ Tea .. to dunk those Biscotti in.

U ~ NEXT ... ??