Valued Contributor

No cool afternoon here either~ We hit 100 this afternoon!!!  Humidty was awful.  Sorry about the storms walker, but I know you need them.  Something for the Tornados ~

follow-the-yellow-brick-road-ruby-slippers.jpg

We also practiced with gifts for the sibling when a new one came home.  DD had older brother pack all the important baby things so he could carry them in the house when we got home.  He thought he was a King!

Hope you cool down Grammie  

A - Aluminum Foil 

B is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

😂😂...thanks for the shoes, cookie!  Whew....storm passed!  All is well!  God Save the Queen!  LOL!  Sometimes it is exciting to have a storm.  The  "meds" helped me survive....haha!

See you all tomorrow.....🌪⚡️⛈....

B .... Butter

NEXT .... C 

Respected Contributor

Hello ... oh no walker, I hope you don't lose power or have any leaks ... slip into those shoes and keep saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home ..." stay safe my friend.

I guess we're supposed to have this hot and humid weather for the next 3 days ... ugh!! indoors and cool with A/C.

See you tomorrow ... Hi kittyfan.

B ~ Baking Soda

C ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Checking in. Yesterday was the shower. Oh my where do I begin. First I got locked out. I do have a key. Didn't participate in decor. Well I happened to be in kitchen when pastor appears. I know him--checking for food. Wasn't there yet. Had been ordered from grocery. Thrn he was asked if he was bringing boys. I sm thinking oh heck NO. Hesaid he wanted food sent home. I didn't really pay attention but I a m sure that happened. Tables were spaced out. Honoree sat alone. Gifts weren't passed snd I was relieved I was amazed at how many people brought numerous tiny little outfits. I am saying ten plus per gift. Babys grow quickly. Buy a larger size not the 3 month. I had bought 2 dresses. One 12 month the other 2t

I despise plastic tablecloths. Yes that is what they used. After gifts open headed over to Cafe to meet Kristen. We were masked up. Visited outside distanced. She said they were revising menu. Been same for the ten years I have been going there. She assured me my favorites will remain. She said she has some concerns about school. I think her son is 3rd grader. School won't share any covid info. Okay let people know so they can make informed decisions.

Cafe should open by September. Hope so. Really missing it. She said the SA location that flooded may not be viable. Insurance issues etc. May needto look for another location.

Did TS today. Not a fabulous day but only day this week. Have BC on Wednesday. Got pressured into Choosing book. Helpless Hannsh hated it. Others enjoyed it. I think we have totally different taste in books. She has loved looks I disliked. Choose a book. I did last two months. Someone else needs to step up. I actually suggested the month before. Was recommended and I enjoyed it. Thought all would enjoy

Closing up the kitchen.

C: cauliflower

D: next
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... no cookie yet ... hope all is well.

😲 wow kittyfan, that pastor is something else ... looking for food and then telling you he wanted it sent home!!?  and just what you don't need are boys running around at a shower (I think they would be at that age where they really don't want to sit around ...) good call on the larger size outfits ... and sorry about your BC ... I've never belonged to one but I guess I don't understand why people don't want to choose a book ... oh, and the Cafe? I hope that they are able to move forward and find another suitable location ... while Kristen is making up the new menu, maybe she will name your favorite meal after you ... haha!!

walker, I hope you didn't have any issues from your storm last night ...

We had just a sprinkle of rain early this morning ... we broke a record yesterday, 92 degrees! ... today our high should be 85 ...

Have a good day ... stay cool ... pouring and passing.

D ~ Dessert

E ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~ 

Got to the Lab yesterday at 7am - no paperwork sent!!😣  Of course there were only 3 other people there.  Went home and ate my Cheerios.  Called the doc's office and left a message.  

Good thing you had your "Meds" walker.  Glad you didn't have to use the shoes - cute though 😊  I guess the whole  country is getting the hot wierd weather.

kittyfan, you sure have some Pastor 😕  Doesn't sound like a very pleasant shower either.  No thought put  into it.  Honoree sat alone?  Sad.  Sorry about the insurance hold up with the SA Cafe, but they will be okay - nice folks.  It sure doesn't make for a fun BC with Hopeless, Helpless Hannah.  You are a Saint with all you put up with!

Another hot day today.  Getting my COVID shot this morning.  Feel antsy as I still hold some thoughts on conspiracy, etc.  But either way, you need to be safe!

Passing the coffee ~

E -  Eggs Benedict

F is next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️☀️🥵

Heat and humidity continue here....sun out again after storm.  Thank the heavens...ha...heaven sent...for rain which was badly needed.  And, thankful we are ok but some parts of northern IL had tornadoes.  Still laughing about the shoes and singing..no place like home..haha.

kittyfan, I just shake my head over the Pastor and that shower.  Good news is....it's over!   Sad news about the SA Cafe.  But, happy to hear your Cafe will reopen pretty soon.  Good thing your favorite items are still on menu.  I like Tootie's idea of an item named for you...your "signature dish"....or a "Kristen special"??

cookie, missing paperwork at lab? Arrrgggh...Next time call ahead and ask...DO YOU HAVE MY PAPERWORK??
Maybe it was sent with wrong year!  

Good luck with shot, cookie!  Join the club...Shots for SCC!  I think a lot of us were uncertain.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  You survived the Covid...you'll survive the shot too!

GS and GD start school on Thursday...where did summer go?  They will have to wear masks....☹️.  GS did receive shot but GD not old enough.  

Better go.....rock and roll...off I go....Happy Tuesday!

F ..... French's Mustard

NEXT ..... G 

Respected Contributor
School starts next week. Lots of discussion about masks. Gov says he won't mandate. Yesterday at TS only a handful of us sporting masks. Well it is definitely a personal choice and mine is yo madk up

A bit more about the shower. She is a member of our ladies group. They resumed in person on October. She has not attended but she did say she had s meeting at the e library that she attended instead ondemonth. She chose the date. Mandated masks. She chose to sit alone away from everyone else. It has been a bit odd. She and boys sit away from all in the annex. When they started family Sunday school she and boys would sit at ssme table. She would have no interaction with anyone even the in laws. Well a few weeks thus seems to h as very shifted. They now sit at the table. Perhaps . I don't know.iynot my rodeo. Just all very odd behavior in my opinion. They !arrive just in time for services and leave immediately after end of Sunday school event. She is a teacher. Homeschokled last year. That will continue even with a NB.

A few years ago they had been on vacation. Arrived home from airport just in time to appear at ladies group for food. She did not join but he and boys did. We had a funeral one Sundsy afternoon. After services I was in kitchen preparing my contribution. He appears in kitchen to sample!!! So there is history. He is very knowledgeable of theology. People skills are another story. When we moved the TS to our current location we had an evening open house event. Very casual. Just cookies and water offered. Well he appears with at that time two boys. Well predictably he wasn't watching them. Second son found refreshments. Touching all the cookies!

Cute stories about introducing new siblings.

My last boss texted me. Her GS turned 20. Oh no. We worked together when he was botn!!

She did say she is more concerned about Covid now than she was last year. We keep in touch occasionally. Another hot day on tap for us.

Thanks for your kind thoughts about Cafe. I know recovery is a tough road. So many stories that are heartbreaking. When I worked at Rehab we would say "but fir the Grace o God go I" Life is full of twists and turns.

Hugs to all!!

G: Green bean casserole

H: next

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kittyfan, very strange family indeed!  Odd that a Pastor can be so good with knowledge of theology and a big zero with people skills....whole family lacking those qualities!  I laugh at your comment..."not my rodeo"...😂!   He must have radar and know when to show up for free food!  

Holy Guacamole is it oppressive here today!!! Super Sauna Day!  I think our heat index is over 100.  I went outside twice and could not believe it..in and out!  I really need to get to grocery store but no way today!  I will have to get creative for dinner.

Time for UB.....stay well...stay cool....easy does it outside....🥵.

H ..... Hot Hot Hot Weather! 👎  or Hot Fudge Sundae 👍

NEXT .... I 

Respected Contributor
When they were expecting number one tge church did a mega shower. Well the couple was seated together on a bench she was handed a gift. He quickly took it and opened them. I didn't watch all but during thar time I never saw her open a gift!!!

You can't make this up!!!

I: icing

J: next