Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

walker ... laughed at your comment about joining AA ... it sure sounds like you and your friend lived it up!! ... you go girl!! wasn't it worth it?? even though it may take you a couple days to get back to normal ... Woman Very Happy

My paper finally came around 11am ... and you know what? all my griping that I didn't get it and I still haven't opened it up!! haha ... We went for a bike ride down to the water ... sun + 84 degrees + huffing and puffing on bike = wilted Tootie!! ... time for a shower and a UB until party time ...

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon ... See you later!!

R ~ Ravioli

S ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right behind you checking in, Tootie.  I'm on my "all afternoon" UB....ha!  Laundry can wait until tomorrow.  I'm tired but it was all worth it.....money spent, go-go-go, etc.  

Tootie, I laughed at your description of biking today and "wilted  Tootie".  Hope the shower refreshed you for another party.

OK.....my Secret Service story in NYC.....busy week in NYC with all the activities at UN and so many dignitaries.  Thursday morning my friend and I were leaving the hotel for the day.  As the elevator doors opened at lower level....who stood there but about 8 Secret Service officers waiting to get on.......clearly identified with some labeled vests so we knew.  Our eyes popped open....we said good morning and they let us walk through.  Maybe they heard the Queen was there and came for my protection.....haha!

We went outside and, holy cow, the place was surrounded with Secret Service, police and hotel security.  We thought maybe our President was coming.  I made small talk with a security officer and said I could be a greeter and he just smiled.  Guess they are not allowed to give any information.  We stood on sidewalk for awhile and then wandered around to another hotel entrance and came out again to the driveway area. Did we look like Lucy and Ethel or what??   By now we are laughing because they saw us come out again.  (Agents probably whispering..."those two crazy ladies are back") We asked if we could just sit on bench there...no problem so we did. They probably thought we would move on but we didn't.  (This could have been a SCC trip, eh?)

Long story short.....it was the President of Turkey they were expecting and protecting.  The Turkish Secret Service were not happy we were allowed to sit there.   We looked so dangerous..haha!  Most guests came out and they hurried to get them in a cab or car and gone. 

Pretty soon no one was allowed in the area.....except us!!!!  Funny!

We just kept smiling because we loved all the activity.  My friend said "we are part of the Not-So-Secret Service"...lol.  Then an agent came over....smiled and said...."I'm watching you".....I said...we were pretty harmless....just Lucy and Ethel (actually they did cause problems).  I was afraid to move or take pictures for fear I would be shot!!  Soon the President's entourage arrived ....with SWAT team....and boy did they move him into the hotel FAST...surrounded!  Come to find out later there were two peaceful protesters who tried to interrupt a speech being given by the President....not us!

End of excitement!  We went on our merry way!  But, as we returned to our hotel awhile later....the entourage was leaving....we happen to be on the street corner and they drove past us .....probably saying.....OH NO...there they are....SPEED UP..ha!

We are going to laugh about that for awhile.

Adios...enjoy rest of the day!

(Bigkat.....thinking of you....hope you are ok)

S .... Sorry this was so long .... or Spaghetti .....long pasta...HA

NEXT .... T

Respected Contributor

walker, I throughly enjoyed your Secret Service Story!! ... I am just picturing you and your friend sticking around and then going in another door and exiting back out to the agents ... Lucy and Ethel for sure!! hahaha, too funny!! and to think that you were allowed to stay on the bench and get a birds eye view of all the goings on!! ... so cool!!  even funnier that they ran into you again .... on a corner!! haha ... two women sitting on a bench could easily pass for the "peaceful protestors" and I wonder when the agents heard about the protestors, if you and your friend came to their minds?? Woman LOL ... something you'll remember for a long while ...

Got to go get ready for the party ... see you tomorrow!!

T ~ Temptations Ovenware

U ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I am still laughing at "Lucy and Ethyl" !!!!  You two had some great adventure!  Are you sure you weren't the entertainment? You know, your reputation proceeds you.  Was the crown a dead give-away?  Oh the memories to tell the G'kids.

Tootie, wilted - hahaha.  I can just picture it, Sicily, - oh that's another subject.  You are brave to ride in the heat.  Hope you weren't too wilted to enjoy your party.  

Another muggy day - 88 or so.  Catch up from the overly lazy weekend.  Passing the coffee ~

U = U?  Could it be for me????  Uber UB's

V is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Just popping in---off to volunteer!

Wilted--boy I know that feeling!

Walker what adventures you have

Saturday came home from thrift store/-decided on a UB--woke up at 4 AM! Went out and realized I had never closed and locked gate. I was toast!

V: vegetarian pizza
W: nrxt
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... well, yesterday while bike riding, unbeknownst to me, we broke a record ... it was 90 degrees!! ... today, another chance ... high of 90 again!!

kittyfan, you must have been tired to take that long of a UB and forgetting to close and lock the gate ... would your dogs have gotten away had you not noticed?? ... hope you have a good day at the store ...

cookie, despite my wilting, I was able to enjoy another celebration ... now we're done in my family until next month ...

walker, I hope you are getting back to your "normal" routine after your exciting trip ...

Hope everyone has a good day ... Catch-up Monday for me ... pouring and passing ...

W ~ Waffles

X,Y or Z ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

We have had a heat wave here too recently.....90's for a few days....but, by Wednesday it will be much more Fall-like and cooler.   

I will keep it short for now....ha....was babbling on a lot yesterday!

Back to normal.......lots of laundry to do.....better get the machines going....

Happy Monday to all.....and a happy week too!  See you later.....stay cool!

X .... Xtra Hot Weather or Xtra Hot Coffee

NEXT ....Y

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello ... we broke another record ... made it up to 91!! one more day of hot weather and then rain on Wednesday and it will cool the temps down ... looks like we have the same weather walker!!

Just finished folding my last load of laundry ... UB time, before I get dinner started ...

Hope everyone has a good evening ... stay cool!! am I really saying that in fall??

Y ~ Yeast

Z or back to A ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, Tootie, think we beat you at 92!  Whew!  Cooling off soon....a good thing!  How are you surviving without the A/C units?  It does cool at night and fans help!  We will all be looking for extra covers by end of week.

No news from me....still adjusting to regular life....laundry, chores, etc....ha!  Life  moves on....get back to reality!

Night all......dimming lights for anyone stopping in......hey, bigkat....miss you here!  

Z .... Zest of a Lemon

NEXT .... A

Respected Contributor

Hi walker, Congratulations on your 92 degree weather!! but ugh!, this heat ... DH doesn't mind it ... and the fans were ok, not great, BUT better than nothing ...  Woman Frustrated ... since we have portable A/C units downstairs that can be moved from room to room, I convinced DH to move one of the units to our bedroom ... (upstairs) Woman Very Happy ... happy now for the next few nights ...

No bike ride tonight as it is just heavy humid air ...

See everyone in the morning ... Good night!! ... bigkat, hope you are well ...

A ~ Apple Turnover

B ~ NEXT