Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Chilly greetings today.....7 degrees going to a high of 20 today!  But, have sun so I feel warmer....ha!

Valentine's Day.....no big plans here either....party of two.  But, I would like a Vermont Teddy Bear!!  So cute.

Looking forward to our special Valentine's BAT!  Lots of chocolate...a crown?....oh, wow, anything is possible.

Got to run.....busy day......have a good one.

R.......Raisin Bread

NEXT.......S

Respected Contributor
What vacuum is the best? Dyson are so heavy.

Lol. Casserole delivery!!!

Lovely day here in this part of the world. Last night we had services for Ash Wednesday. A lady was relating a story. She had baked a rum cake that fell. She baked another. But she ate the entire fallen cake one bite at a time throughout the day!!

R: red velvet cake.

S: nrxt
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone....it has been the one if those non-stop busy days.  I am so glad I had a container in freezer of bigkat's Corn Chowder (freezes well).  It was nice to easily reheat at the end of the day.  Made me realize I have not tried Tootie's Spinach Soup so I have that recipe written now and ingredients on my shopping list.  Love all soups!

Ended day with my Three Amigos while mom went to the teacher conferences.  She was late getting home.  I told boys "your teacher must have had a lot to talk about"....and  one  of the boys said.."probably talking about how good we are"..HA!!!! Such a joy these guys are!

Tootie, how is your friend doing after loss of her mom?  Have you seen her yet?

Kittyfan, loved the story about lady and Rum Cake!

Night all.....see you tomorrow.

S.......Spinach Soup!

NEXT.....T

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone .... I will be missing for a couple of days ... my FIL died early this morning. He was 88 and was suffering from an infection due to his diabetes.

I may pop in (when I can) as I may need a diversion.

T ~ Toast

U ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Tootie, so very sorry about your FIL.  Prayers and good thoughts to your and your DH.  Please take care of you during this sad time.  

In your honor, I think BAT should be postphoned.  

sympathy card.png

U = UB's did anyone expect anything else?

V is nex

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Sending my sympathy to you and family, Tootie.  I am very sorry to hear that your FIL passed away.  Earlier in the week you told us about your best friend's mother too.  Two in one week...oh my!  I agree with cookie, we should postpone BAT this week.  You will be in our thoughts.  Hugs!  

Breakfast time, then haircut and stop for groceries.  See you later.

V..........Valentine's Day coming up ❤️❤️❤️❤️

NEXT......W

Respected Contributor
Tootie: so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

W: washing dishes

X: next
Super Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Tootie, what a week! I'm so sorry to hear of another loss. Praying for peace and comfort to your family.

I agree, BAT can be another time.

Dh and I will probably go out for dinner, but otherwise, not much here! We even agreed, no mushy cards...I said get me a bottle of wine instead! I've been working on Valentine's for school all week...why is that always my job??

Walker, later next week is supposed to be 40 and rainy, but more snow today and tomorrow.

X -Xtra dose of love and hugs for all ❤ ❤

Y is next

Honored Contributor

Sun is shining here but is windy which makes it colder.  Thanks for weather update, bigkat.  I hope to get over early in the week but it all depends on that dreaded word......snow!

I will go with wine over a card too for Valentine's Day.  The prices of some cards are ridiculous!  When my dad was alive, later in life, he and QM started to keep cards they gave each year.  Then on the next occasion they would pick one to reuse...ha!!  Not a bad idea, eh?  They wrote the year on them so they saw how old they were too....wrote new notes, etc, cute. 

Tootie.....thinking of you....hope you and DH are doing ok.

Y..........Yeast

NEXT........Z

Respected Contributor

Good morning ... Thank you all for your kind words of sympathy ... I consider you all special friends!!

My family is doing OK ... we had the funeral yesterday for my friends mom ... and now I feel like we start all over with a "different" kind of grief for my FIL ... lots and lots of things to take care of now ...

We will have a belated Valentines BAT next week ....

Have a good day and stay warm ... we are at -1 now and our high of the day is 3!! we got about 6 inches of snow throughout the day yesterday ...

Z ~ Zester

A ~ NEXT