Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies:  Went to services yesterday morning.  Came home for a bit---back to the next town to participate in Christmas caroling.  Started out at the nursing home---then we went to some homes of members---ended up at a member's home in the country.  They just recently completed building a new home.  It was beautiful---and so peaceful and quiet.  After everyone else left I stayed to visit with the couple.  I didn't know her husband (he doesn't attend our church) but I have known the wife for many years.  She is a talented seamstress.  She has a sewing room that was absolutely gorgeous.  Then across the hall is her music room---baby grand (she is also a talented musician).  We chatted for a long time--caught up on the family happening.  She is my Brother and SIL were good friends when they lived here.  Daughters and another gal were "three peas in a pod". 

X:  xtra, xtra best wishes to all.

Y:  next

Respected Contributor

Hi kittyfan!! ... it sounds like you had an exciting day!! ... your friends new home sounds gorgeous .... glad you had a nice visit!

Y ~ Yuletide Cheer

X,Y or Z ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  What a nice day kittyfan.  I love seeing beautiful homes. Eye doc says I have the beginning of cataracs. Oh lucky me.  It could be worse.  Getting old and being old has boiled down to if you rest, you rust. DD's procedure is this morning. She has been waiting for this to get back some of herself.  Looks like we will be 76 for Christmas. Okay by me. Catching up with procrastinated chores today.

XYorZ = Xtra large Yellow Zucchini (took 'em all out at once)

A is next

you're welcome!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone .... cookie, will be thinking of your DD this morning with prayers ... hope all goes well for her as she starts another chapter ....

I like your theory of "if you rest, you rust" ... I guess that means no more UB's for you??!!

We are at a pleasant 51 ... Hair cut this morning and then back home for the usual chores ....

See you later ... have a good day!!

cookie, I like your XYZ ... clever!!

A ~ Apple ... in our stocking (along with an orange as well, cookie)

B ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!

Cookie, you are funny....comment on age, rest and rust...lol!  Probably truth to that one.....keep moving! You are the sharp one today with the XYZ! Clever! Best Wishes to your DD today too!  And, I had cataract surgery on both eyes a few years ago......pretty common....take care of those eyes!!  

Tootie, how neat that you found those boxes at your DM's after sharing that memory with us!  Kittyfan, you sure had a special day Sunday.

Hope everyone is ready for Santa.  Check in when you can.  Tomorrow is DH's birthday so I have to get into birthday mode here.....family coming for dinner so guess I better get the grocery list made and go, go, go.....put off ho, ho, ho for now!  See you later.

Happy Tuesday!

B...........Butter is Better.....:+)

NEXT.......C

Respected Contributor

Cookie:  Hugs and prayers for your DD.  I am sure she is anxious to have this step complete and move along. 

C:  Christmas Cookies

D:  Next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  walker, I certainly hope you have stocked up on G'ma's Meds.  You have a lot of activity going on.  I am actually glad that we don't have to go anywhere or DD is not doing her famous Christmas Eve Chili- too many people, dogs and confusion for me. I do miss seeing SIL's family though. DD's procedure started a couple of hours late (5PM) so she didn't get home until after 10 last night.  She is fine and will be perky in no time. Woman Very Happy We will be 76 today so outside UB's!  

D = Deliver those cookies,kittyfan!

E is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... walker, Happy Birthday to your DH ... lots of celebrations for you and your family ... no wonder you like to crash in January ....

cookie, glad to hear that your DD is doing well ...

We are at 41 now, but will go up to 65!! with a chance of rain ...

What's everyone doing over the holiday?? ... We will spend Christmas Eve over at DM's for dinner/family time and then go to evening Mass ... Christmas Day we are going to DS/DIL's house for more dinner/family time ... and then more celebration at my house on Saturday ... busy time for all ... (but throw in some birthdays, and you will be even busier ...like cookie says walker, I hope you have lots of Grandma's Meds)

Have a good day .....

E ~ Everyone may need those Meds ...

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

It is very foggy here this morning with rain coming later and high around 60.....December 23rd??  Wow!  Never remember those temps in the north!   Paper late due to fog, I guess.

Cookie, glad things went well for your DD.  I assume your SIL must be doing well too.  Enjoy a restful Christmas.....all is calm...all is quiet can be very nice.   

I always keep Grandma's Medicine on hand......ha!  DH likes beer and calls it his Vitamin B!  We will be having some later when kids all come over for DH's birthday dinner.

Tootie, you will be busy there too.....sounds like a lot of family fun. Get a UB in between parties!   We usually go to church on Christmas Eve and then gather for a simple family dinner.  But, had to change those plans this year.  We will go to church on Christmas and then head to our daughter's house for dinner.

Then we head south to see our son and family....load the sleigh and go!

Have a nice day everyone!  

F..........Food and Family Fun

NEXT.......G

Super Contributor

Good morning! So much to catch up on, I'll miss commenting about someone I'm sure.

Cookie, been praying for DD, glad that is behind her, hope she is feeling well today!

Miss Kathy...what to say! We sure miss you here, your recipes, drinks, but YOU most of all! Hoping all is well by you and that you have a very blessed Christmas and New Year!

Been crazy here, DH had some extra days off which is good and bad...when he is home all day everything is about him if you know what I mean!

Cookie baking yesterday, today is preparing a few other things ahead like make ahead potatoes...trying to get that messy stuff out of the way. We have DHs family here Christmas Day, it will be nice, but there is always that one person that gets under everyone's skin...and why do we continue to worry about that person?? I don't know!!

Happy birthday to DH walker!!

G-Graham cracker crust

H is up