Respected Contributor

Well, I made it!! ... it actually didn't feel that cold out ... I think the sun helps a lot!! ... on the route I took, everyone had the sidewalks shoveled .. (which surprised me, as we have a couple of lazy neighbors and I thought for sure I was going to have to do some mountain climbing) ... I felt like I was "floating" home (after my much needed haircut Wink) ... walker, I did not notice that I was the 12,000th reply ... that is a whole lot of replying .... cookie, I guess you'll have to take your UB's inside today ....

K ~ Kelloggs cereal

L ~ NEXT

Super Contributor

I'm trying this again...my phone messed up and my post was lost!

Hope you are all having a super Friday!!! Sounds like everyone has had a visit from the white stuff. We started out at -9 and now are in the teens. They said this is the coldest month since 1890 something for our area.

Glad you made it back Tootie!

FHG, hope that bum is feeling ok today.

Walker, my son had another great day yesterday. He said on the way home that this has been the best week he has had with his teacher. I still don't know if the principal talked with her yet, but it sure has been unusually good for him!

L-La Victoria Salsa

M is next

Honored Contributor
Hi friends! Happy to hear you made it safely there and back, Tootie. I was hoping our usual BAT would not turn into a "search and rescue" mission for you. Bigkat...you must have been so happy when your son told you that about his week. Hope it continues. I had the perfectly planned route for errands today. One stop was to make a return. Got to the store and realized I left item at home.....and I had it sitting by my purse.....then stopped at grocery store to pick up things I forgot two days ago!!! I was laughing with cashier (had her before) and said I would be dangerous if I had a brain! HA!! It could be winter brain freeze! I need a UB! Bye for now. M......Multi-Vitamins....guess I need some........NEXT......N
Respected Contributor

You're right, Tootie - snow is very rare in this area. I lived here about five years before we got so much as a dusting, and when it starts to snow people get nuts.

Headed out today to do a few errands and treat myself to lunch, since rain is forecast for the next few days. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I = iceberg lettuce

J =

Super Contributor

Hi! Had a nice post and it went poof! grr We are having phone issues again, so I suspect internet might be as well.

Everyone stay safe and warm. Kathy

J = Jerky ( not fond of it, but DH is)

K is next

Respected Contributor

Hello ... bigkat, so glad that your son had a good week!! ... things seem to be progressing in a good way and hope it stays that way ... walker, I am laughing at your story about your "forgetfulness" (not at you, but with you as I have "been there, done that" ... ) I like your theory of winter brain freeze ... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} ... Kathy, hope your phone/internet issues get fixed soon ... FHG, please be careful out there ...

K ~ K cups

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor
I love to laugh....am not a serious person at all......Tootie...I laugh at myself....my problem is I am moving too fast and thinking of too many things....sloooooow down! I had two things to take out the door this morning.....was laughing at a package for a friend and forgot the stupid return..I need serious help! HA! Kathy, good to hear from you ...sorry you lost the message..so maddening. All for now....need rest before taking off tomorrow for BAT! Can I bring something? Vodka and Champagne for orange juice.....= Happy Juice!! L...Leaving on a Jet Plane.....remember that song?....OK.....Lettuce......NEXT......M
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! It was great to get out! Went to the bank, then dropped Angelica at home because she chews on my seat belt if left unsupervised in the car, then did some shopping at Aldi. They had lots of snack things reduced in price, so I'll be able to make up a few boxes of goodies for the troops; they've been neglected since I've had so many problems over the last two months. Had a late lunch/early dinner at the new Popeye's, and it's soooo nice to relax and enjoy a meal without being stared at or having someone try and steal my food! I have to do that more often.

It's supposed to be near 50° tomorrow, so hopefully that will melt the rest of the ice on my porch steps. I put some salt on it before I went out and it melted some, but not all...

Hey, I picked up some strawberry Irish cream liquor in Aldi - anyone up for a grown up strawberry milk shake? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} BTW, I never eat at McDonald's, but I might be tempted to get a shamrock shake - haven't had one in years and years....

M = mozzarella

N -

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone ... Breakfast is ready ... our usual buffet of bacon and eggs, pancakes/waffles, fruit, coffee/tea and juice ...walker, the vodka and champagne will be a nice "add in" for our juice, and what better way to celebrate the ending of this snowy and cold February??!! FHG, if you want, you can bring your strawberry Irish liquor too!! (never heard of that) ... what a BAT it will be ....

We are a cold 1 degree, but will be going up to 19 with lots of sunshine today ... we are having a pizza and game night tonight with the family ... we try to get together once a month with everyone ... always a good time!!

Have a good day everyone ...

N ~ Napkins

O ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ I don't know whether to stay here in 28 degrees or get moving to Tootie's, which is definitely colder, to wait for BAT. Had to laugh at/with you walker, I tend to forget the same things you do. Too many little things on my mind, I guess. Maybe more of G'mas meds would help? Kathy, I dislike jerky as well - UGH! Get up Tootie, I'm hungry!

N = Nutella

O is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.