Super Contributor

Oh Tootie caught the Queen!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Tootie, I think you have what we had. Yesterday was pretty calm, and it is not windy today, but a few flurries. So hopefully the calm will come your way!

The kids are back to school!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It still is too cold. Many schools to the north, south and east of us are still closed. I sure hope they don't send them out for recess.

It sure can be hit or miss with a roast sometimes. When it's good, yummmmmm!!!

A-Apple Cider Vinegar

B is next

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi! Good morning. We have sun, no wind and it will be high 40s today. (yipee) bigkat, glad the boys went back to school. The district that some of my DGN go to started back today. It will be a little warmer for them outside. My oldest great niece is a peacekeeper!!! Tootie15, stay warm and look forward to the FF.

I usually get my meat at my Meat Market, but I was pleasantly surprised with the stew meat that I bought at Sprouts for the Burgundy Stew. I did not brown it and I thought it was very tender. Hope everyone has a good day. Kathy

B = Beef Noodle

C is next

Beef Noodle page 190 from my Methodist Church cookbook called The Heavenly Hostess.

1/2 c. sour cream

1 c. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated

1/2 tsp. salt

1 lb. ground beef

1/4 c. onion, chopped

1 can tomato soup

1 c. water

1 (12-oz.) can mushrooms

1/4 lb. noodles

Brown beef slightly; add onion, then add tomato soup, water and mushrooms. Add noodles; simmer until tender. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Put into casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Yield 6 to 8 servings.

Super Contributor

Oh Kathy, you make me hungry with all the recipes!! They always sound so good. What is a "peacekeeper"? Enjoy the sunshine!

C-Chopped Cilantro

D is next

Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon Everyone! Day 5 of not going out.......a record for me...not that I can't but I don't have to......did have a doctor appointment which was cancelled...too bad, so sad....so I decided to just enjoy nothing for another day. Life can be so hectic at times that I may as well enjoy these days. I have no excuse to not be caught up on things inside. OK....I just posted the French Onion Pot Roast....winner to me. Now...let's see if I can get this right....ABC........D.......Dish Towels.....NEXT.....E...hope you are having a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hi .... walker, I am taking a much needed "union" break....I just got in from shoveling ...again!! It had let up a little bit, so I figured I would go out while I could. We had about another 3 inches since this morning .... I AM SO TIRED OF THIS SNOW!! and being homebound is the pits ..... but you are right... life can be very hectic at times, so we should enjoy these quiet times ..... I'm going to check out the recipe .....thanks!

E ~ Egg timer

F ~ NEXT

Have a good rest of your day!!

Super Contributor

Pot roast recipe sounds great walker! As soon as I get some good beef... I don't know which one of the recipes I want to try first...the roast or the stew.

You do get used to being inside if you don't have to get out. Some people get bored, I can find so much to do, or do nothing is fine at times! Good job with the ABC'S.

E-Egg slicer

F is next

Super Contributor

Hi Tootie!! That snow will end soon for you!

F-French Fried Onion Rings

G is next

Respected Contributor
G: great recipies. Yum. I have to cook this weekend for a church family. Will try that one out H: next
Super Contributor

Hi! Good afternoon. A brisk, cold day of 34 degrees!!! Just got back from my haircut. Looks good and I feel much better. I am asking once again for prayers for Lou (my hairstylists DH). He is starting the early signs of dimentia. They celebrated 30 years this year.

bigkat, "a peacekeeper" is someone who keeps the peace on the playground between the youngest little ones on the playground. She did it last year, she is in the fourth grade.

walker, I am looking forward to seeing that recipe. Tootie15, hope you had a cup of hot chocolate while you were on your "union" break. kittyfan, good to "see" you as well. It is cold for too! Everyone look forward to our FF! Kathy

H = Hot Chicken Salad

I is next

Hot Chicken Salad page 222 My Methodist Church cookbook The Heavenly Hostess.

4 c. cold diced chicken

2 c. chopped celery

4 hard boiled eggs, chopped

2 T. lemon juice

2/3 c. almonds

1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimentos

1 1/2 c. mayonnaise

1 tsp. salt

1 T. onion, diced (use a little more if you would like to)

1 c. grated cheese

1 1/2 c. potato chips

Mix together and put into a 9 x 13 inch buttered baking dish. Cover with 1 cup grated cheese and 1 1/2 cup potato chips. Bake at 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Respected Contributor

This is NOT a good day! Purrcy still hasn't come up. Got up and saw what I thought was a cat or dog toy on the dining room floor; bent down to pick it up...it was an eviscerated rat that probably tried to get out of the cold and was ripped to shreds by the cats. Heard the sound of rushing water...a pipe under the porch burst. Went to the basement to make sure I didn't have a flood, and saw that a support post has collapsed. (The house inspected I hired missed a lot of things.) I presently have no water, as it's been shut off; church will help with plumber bill, since I'm a widow, but just try and find one who will do the work and bill them....

Prayer appreciated, and now....

I = I'm going back to bed

I need to go back to bed now...

J =