Super Contributor

I have found with cookie baking that using parchment to line the cookie sheet makes for a great first batch...no pratice batches..lol...DH misses the burnt ones but he has adjusted....lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty thank you for all the great tips. I'm betting you are an accomplished baker!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2...  You are most welcome.  Hope theres some things that help  Smiley Wink  Let us know how your next cookie baking goes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@LilBitMissty   hail.gif

Thank's for not mentioning "do not lick the bowl." peep.gif

I don't lick but I sure use a spatula.  Thats the best part  @Mz iMac 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think, although you preheat the oven, it has not yet reached the maximum temp you set.  By the time you do the second batch, it's at the proper temperature.  At least that's my theory.

That happened to me @Kachina624 

Brand new double ovens.

First, they were not calibrated correctly.  Had them fix that.

I put an oven temp gauge in there...I have found that the preheat buzzer goes off but it isn't quite up to temp yet.

I always wait another 5-10 mins more and check my temp gauge b4 using.

Respected Contributor

Through trial and error I discovered that spraying the cookie sheet with non-stick spray causes burnt cookies. I think because the fat content (what little there is) causes the bottoms to get disproportionately hot too soon before the middle and top of the cookies get a chance to bake. 

As others have suggested, parchment paper is a great alternative and the cookies won't stick. HTHSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think, although you preheat the oven, it has not yet reached the maximum temp you set.  By the time you do the second batch, it's at the proper temperature.  At least that's my theory.

you are correct...had my oven checked recently....repairman says no oven is at temp when the pre-heat buzzer indicates that it is...l now use an oven thermometer...sometimes it takes an additional 15 minutes...