Frequent Contributor

The Clever Kitchen Microwave Cooker

Just watched demo on In the Kitchen with David...looks like a good deal? Can you make a small ham in it I wonder? Any one have this and used it, please?

Honored Contributor

Re: The Clever Kitchen Microwave Cooker

I didn't see all of the presentation for this (It was on this morning with Mary Beth also, so I saw part of that one too), but I don't know - I just don't get why people would want to cook in the microwave, especially stuff like meat or pasta.

I get that it's faster but I'd rather just take the time to make something BETTER more than to just do it faster. Maybe that's just me, though. Smiley Happy I'm rather food-picky.

I cannot help but wonder if they actually roasted those chickens in an oven and put them in the thing like they were done in the microwave. It's hard to imagine even cooking, nice browning, crispy skin, and moist meat by cooking something like that in the microwave.

If you get it, I hope it works well for you. Please let us know how it worked for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one long time ago.......it brought back memories how my husband blew up eggs in the micro.....I threw the cooker in the trash. Microwave and bottled up steam under pressure scared the britches off me. Hope you love it like other people do.

Frequent Contributor

The Clever Kitchen Cooker is a BBQ roasting pan, not a pressure cooker. It's primary use is for roasting chicken, ribs etc in the microwave. It's item #K39857, some good reviews so far...I'm on wait list for it.

Respected Contributor

SrFitness, I did not see the presentation on this item but like the microwave pressure cooker (I did see the presentation for that) I think both of them would serve you best by browning your meat or poultry first, just to get a nice little crust on it. The vendor suggested it with the ribs he made in it. I would try the ham in it, maybe brown the top a little before adding a little pineapple (juice) and brown sugar. I bet it will come will a pamphlet of tips and recipes to get you started.

If I didnt have my hard anodized pressure cooker / stockpot I probably would have tried out the microwave one they have here, it looked kinda cool really! Smile

Frequent Contributor

Thank you SeaGal! I appreciate you taking the time and giving me some very good ideas.

I'm still on waitlist for it! I went to the Clever Kitchen website and their prices are higher then QVC's for it, so I'll wait. Here is a picture of what I'm waiting for. Thank you again!

Clever Kitchen Set of 2 Microwave BBQ Roastersr it!

Respected Contributor

SrFitness, that looks kinda fun, I hope they can fulfill your order soon. I would definetly brown my meat or poultry and can you imagine the boatload of steamed vegies you can get in that, yum!! Let us know how it does when you get a chance to play with it! Smile