Trusted Contributor

STRAWBERRY FLUFF

6-ounce package Strawberry Jello not sugar free

2 cups hot water

1 3/4 cups cold water

8-ounce package Cool Whip, thawed

1 pound frozen strawberries, sliced or fresh

In a large casserole dish, mix the Jello with hot water and cold water until completely dissolved

Refrigerate for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until Jello starts to thicken. It will still be a little runny

Use a whisk to mix Jello until foamy and thick.

Stir in whipped topping, then gently add strawberries, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and ready to serve.

NOTES

Make sure you are using the large 6-ounce size of regular Jello — not sugar free.

If you are using frozen strawberries...use frozen berries without sauce or sugar in this recipe, or save money, and make your own frozen strawberries by slicing fresh strawberries, transferring to a large zip-top freezer bag and placing in freezer until frozen!

There is no cooking involved in this recipe, but there are refrigeration times, so it takes about 3 to 4 hours for it to be ready to eat.

ALSO
You can make this an orange fluff by using orange jello and drained mandarin oranges.

I make another fluff...but it uses cottage cheese, pineapple and chopped pecans. Both are great summer dishes!
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Is there a reason you canr substitute sugar free? Does it not set up properly?

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Is there a reason you canr substitute sugar free? Does it not set up properly?

You can. A lot of people on low carb eat this using sf. 

Trusted Contributor

correct...../for some reason it dosen't set up well

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty , so perfect as a salad or dessert this time of year. Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

My niece used to make something similar only she cubed angel food cake or pound cake and mixed it all together.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

RetRN... You are most welcome. It is good to "see" you. Hope you enjoy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty -

My grandmother used to make that all the time for our birthdays!

I haven't ever heard of it since she made it.

How nice to see someone actually knows about itSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Strawberry Fluff

[ Edited ]

on the bay... yep, I know what you mean. I grew up with it too. Good stuff tho Smiley Happy