Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    No rain in my vacinity tonight.  Maybe tomorrow will be drier.  This is getting old, and I see weeds are sprouting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

You don't refridgerate AND you use a cookie press?   They don't get stuck?

@Just Bling 

Do you refridgerate your dough b4 baking?

Okay, ladies....I'll give it a whirl.  Check back with me in November!   LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    No rain in my vacinity tonight.  Maybe tomorrow will be drier.  This is getting old, and I see weeds are sprouting. 

@Kachina624     My 50-year old embroidery scissors RUSTED!   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   No refrigeration for Spritz

@Mom2Dogs   If you do use the decorator bag and star tip and need to purchase both, there are disposable bags that work well but please don't buy the plastic tips, they do not work well, use a metal tip and don't forget to buy a coupler too.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

Huh!  Well, okey dokey!  No more fridge of dough for me!  Thanks!

Do you not fridge your dough for Mexican Wedding Cakes either?  (or whatever name)

I always thought fridging dough was necessary so any cookie didn't spread from warm butter!

Gosh, I am learning so much, thanks everyone!

Valued Contributor

I don't refrigerate my spritz dough either and I use the recipe from Betty Crockers "Cooky Book" which does not include cream cheese. I had my moms old press which is the turn crank and it worked wonderfully!. Then I dropped it and over reacted and juggled it for a bit and it hit my counter and one of the tabs broke off so it wasn't usable anymore. I was so sad. I think if I would have just let it fall, it wouldn't have broken. I did try 2 different presses, and they worked okay, but not the same. Plus the dough tubes were so small that it took longer to get a sheet full of cookies. I just purchased an old crank one on Amazon and am excited to use it. Even though it's not my moms, I will think of her every time I use it.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife    You can put the Mexican Wedding Cake dough in the frig but before using, you need to let it warm up a bit.  

That dough is dropped by teaspoons...

Here's my mom's recipe  (i make these and they melt in your mouth but not like my moms, as I stated earlier she used a Sunbeam mix master and I have a Kitchenaid.  I still think it's the appliance and I'm oh so careful not to overmix.

Mexican Wedding Cakes

1 cup butter (no subs)

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups sifted all purpose flour    (sift your flour then measure the 2 cups)

powdered sugar

Cream butter.  Add sugar gradually.  Blend in salt vanilla and flour. 

Mixture will be stiff, my mom dropped by teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets (I bake on parchment)

Bake 400 deg for about 12 minutes

Roll cookies in powdered sugar while hot.

(before serving I usually reroll in powdered sugar)

These cookies are delicious and there's never a Christmas without them

Makes about 4 dozen.

So easy to make   and so easy to EAT!!!!   They get better and better everyday but by the time they are at their best, they are gone!!!!

Like my mom said "these need to season"

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak 

Does this look like the one you got?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

That is the same recipe my mom used...but she put a piece of walnut inside and rolled them b4 baking, not dropped.

Her's were always so good too....and seriously, she didn't bake much else!

LOL

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   Thanks for the tip!