Honored Contributor

I made this recipe from Alex Guarnaschelli's new cookbook with her daughter, Cook it Up. We love lime, so I thought it would be good. And it was!

Miso-Glazed Salmon Bowl

(serves 2)

3⁄4 cup jasmine rice

1 lime 

1 ⁄2 cup mirin

1 Tbsp.. sugar

1 Tbsp. sesame seeds

1 small English cucumber, cut into rounds

2 Tbsp. white miso paste

1 Tbsp. soy sauce

3 Tbsp. canola oil

2 (4 oz.) portions of skin-on salmon, bones removed

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Bring 1 1 ⁄2 cups water to a boil in an oven-safe pan. Stir in rice, pinch of salt; return to boil. Cover; cook in oven 14 min. Remove and mix in 5 or 6 grates of lime zest. Cover; set aside.

2. In a bowl, mix next 4 ingredients; cover and chill 30 minutes.

3. Juice lime in a bowl. Whisk in miso, soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. oil. Place salmon, skin side up, on a parchment lined baking sheet; spoon marinade over. Cover; chill 30 minutes.

4. Take fish out, reserving marinade in a pan. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium. Add fish, skin side down. Cook on stove 3 minutes, then roast at 350°F 8 minutes, until salmon is done but not overcooked. 

5. Bring pan with marinade to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Pour over fish. Divide rice, cucumber and salmon between bowls and serve.

(PER SERVING: 607 calories, 27 grams protein, 61 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 27 grams sugar, 32 grams fat.) 

** Changes I made:

I made my rice in my old electric Japanese rice cooker and mixed the lime zest in. I used the zest from two small limes.

I used Egg Harbor salmon - boneless and skinless 

I used a large flat bowl. I put rice in first, then lined the outside with cucumbers. I put the salmon in the middle and spooned the miso marinade over. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  That recipe sounds delicious!

Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

@beach-mom  That recipe sounds delicious!

@SaveTheTurtles - It's really good, and one thing I like is you don't have to worry about keeping anything warm!  I will definitely be making it again. Let me know if you make it!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I eat A LOT of salmon and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. This looks like a winner, and I cannot wait to try it!  It will DEFINITELY be in my rotation this week!!!😁

Thank you SO much for sharing this!!!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Frequent Contributor
@beach-mom, thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks great. How’s the rest of the cookbook? I like Alex and thought about ordering it, but I already have too many cookbooks…
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Salmon. . .

[ Edited ]

@Allieoh wrote:
@beach-mom, thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks great. How’s the rest of the cookbook? I like Alex and thought about ordering it, but I already have too many cookbooks…

Hi @Allieoh - I haven't tried a whole lot from it yet, but I plan to! A lot of the dishes have an Asian feel, which we absolutely love. Speaking of that, the Japanese chicken meatballs are outstanding! So tasty! The cafe quiche is very similar to the Quiche Lorraine I've made since I was 14! I liked the tomato crostini. Lots of things still to try. It's definitely a great cookbook! I'm a fan of Alex too!  Smiley Wink

@SandySparkles - You will love these recipes!  Smiley Happy

ETA: I made the marinated cucumber recipe. It was good, but we liked the marinade on the cucumbers that go with the salmon dish better! There's just a slight difference.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Allieoh wrote:

Hi @Allieoh - I haven't tried a whole lot from it yet, but I plan to! A lot of the dishes have an Asian feel, which we absolutely love. Speaking of that, the Japanese chicken meatballs are outstanding! So tasty! The cafe quiche is very similar to the Quiche Lorraine I've made since I was 14! I liked the tomato crostini. Lots of things still to try. It's definitely a great cookbook! I'm a fan of Alex too!  Smiley Wink

@SandySparkles - You will love these recipes!  Smiley Happy

ETA: I made the marinated cucumber recipe. It was good, but we liked the marinade on the cucumbers that go with the salmon dish better! There's just a slight difference.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom Welcome!❤ Thank you for the update regarding the marinade!🥰  I will make it this week, and report back to let you know how it turns out!👍😁 THANK you SO much for sharing!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Frequent Contributor
That’s great to hear you already liked several of the recipes. I’m going to order it. Thanks again for sharing!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't eat skin on salmon and after trying Faroe Island nothing else.  12 min in the air fryer like Brittney said. Perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom I had to come back and THANK you for this SCRUMDILLYICIOUS recipe!❤ I cooked it a lil bit ago, and made a few tweaks, but it is a WINNER!!😋 It is definitely going into my regular routine.🥰 If I could, I would bake you some of my famous chocolate chip cookies in appreciation!🍪🍪

THANK you so much for caring to share this fabulous and easy recipe!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖